Thread: prosciutto and turmeric in Phonecia page

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member

prosciutto and turmeric in Phonecia

So breads , energy drinks.....seeing a lot of silly things on the forum today! Just thought I'd share that while waiting on my car to be inspected, I popped into a Greek bakery in south austin. Ohhh man did it smell good! Lots of pastry, falafal, chocolates, imported sweets. No matter, I bought a big thing of turmeric and a quarter pound of good looking prosciutto. I sat outside, got some sun, and enjoyed the meat. I love eating this way!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    At least there are no threads about "organic potato chips from whole foods".

Anyway that sounds awesome. Gotta love pork and turmeric. Or pork and any other spice. Or turmeric and any meat. Today is a cold and rainy day wherein I ate steak, eggs, and mashed yams/cauliflower with turmeric, cumin, and white pepper in my room. Not quite as pleasant sounding but it was yummy.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

haha right! Im all for different strokes for different folks, but when people start asking about what kinds of breads are better than others...it makes me wonder uh......is it 80/20 or 20/80? anyway, i digress.....

I had my last piece of steak out of the freezer this morning. Due to $$ issues(im poor!), that might be my last piece of beef for at least a week, till I get paid next. I spend all my money on food. its glorious.

Anyway my steak was yummy as well, and I had some butter with it, and so I coasted through lunch time without so much as a hint of hunger. But being in that bakery.....mmm......I had to indulge and get some proscuitto--something I hardly ever buy for myself. And, after the turmeric post yesterday on MDA, i figured I could afford to shell out a whopping 3 dollars for a big jar of it. Ive never tasted it before until today. Its pretty odd, but I already like it. Im thinking it will go well with japanese yam. I gotta stick to cayanne and cinnamon as far as sweet potatoes go. Its a killer combo.

Pantera is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    haha right! Im all for different strokes for different folks, but when people start asking about what kinds of breads are better than others...it makes me wonder uh......is it 80/20 or 20/80? anyway, i digress.....
    The "introduce yourself" thread is full of win in that sense. I've read people calling tofu their favorite primal food, people saying they are 75% primal and then describing a CW diet, etc.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Next time that some one asks what is the best type of bread, tell them "sweet breads".

or bread cheese!

Im all for sweet breads. neolithic hominids, specifically australopithecines, enjoyed brains and marrow on frequent occasions, and it is because of this that many anthropologists think that they continued to develop larger brain masses themselves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/apeman/...logy/2_5.shtml

"Scientists have shown that brain size was beginning
    to increase in the later australopithecines, and it could all be down
    to bone marrow as brain food."

"The best parts of the meat are the oily brain
    and bone marrow, since these are rich in healthy fats.”

Eating brains is literally so good for us, that it directly aided in our evolution and opitimal gene expression. now show me a freaking piece of wheat bread that can do that, and ill gladly insert foot into mouth.