Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breath apparently smells like corn???? Ketosis? page

berra is offline Junior Member

Breath apparently smells like corn???? Ketosis?

Shop Now
    So I've been getting told that my breath smells like corn. I have read that when your body is in keto sis your breath will have a sweet smell to it.

I restrict carbs to max 50-55g/day, regardless if its a training day or not (train 4 days/week and basketball 1 day/week).

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I think your breath is meant to smell more like vinegar, since one of the by products of ketosis is acetic acid, which is vinegar. Could be totally wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    I think your breath is meant to smell more like vinegar, since one of the by products of ketosis is acetic acid, which is vinegar. Could be totally wrong though.
    Thanks for that. Im basing the 'corn-like' scent on what i keep getting told by an 11 year old! I may need to ask an adult

Paleobird Guest
    Keto breath is generally a metallic taste in your mouth. (It is transitional and goes away once you are ketotic for a while).

Corn is sweet. A sweet breath scent can be indicative of diabetes. Have you been to the doctor lately?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Keto breath and body odor smells like ass. I would never kiss someone in ketosis.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

rockrunner Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Keto breath and body odor smells like ass. I would never kiss someone in ketosis.
    Unless your in Ketosis too...match made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by rockrunner View Post
    Unless your in Ketosis too...match made in heaven.
    Hahahhah I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Keto breath is generally a metallic taste in your mouth. (It is transitional and goes away once you are ketotic for a while).

Corn is sweet. A sweet breath scent can be indicative of diabetes. Have you been to the doctor lately?
    Yeah I'm quite healthy. Had all check ups done. Doc was even very surprised at my resting heart rate that he did it 3 times to make sure he wasnt seeing things.

This is why I was curious as to why my breath apparently smelt like corn, because I really am anal about dental hygiene aswell...

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    unless it smells like acetone (pear drops,nail varnish remover) don't worry about ketosis,
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    And I would never kiss someone who smokes. So I guess there will be no smoothing for us, Derp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast