Thread: How much fat??? page

kiwigal is offline Senior Member

How much fat???

Shop Now
    Hey guys!!!

I am also aware that fat makes cholesterol which produces healthy hormones. Since my hubby's testosterone levels are low and my progesterone levels are low both due to being overweight I am sure, here is my question.

Would it benefit us both to go low carb and increase fat??? If so how much fat per meal would be acceptable to get our hormones healthy???

1 tbslp of fat per meal, 1 tsp???

We are both still trying to lose weight but maybe if we decreased carbs and increased fat the weight would melt off anyways???

Thanks for your help guys!!

Charles Jik is offline Junior Member
    I would suggest you that keep it 1/2 tablespoon per meal. And also try to get a balance in the diet that you are taking into the body. Keep the balanced or equal the carbohydrates level and fats level that do not make the conflicts in to the body.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    1/2 tablespoon is nothing, that's like rabbit starvation levels. Today I ate a pound of bacon and a cup of coconut milk, and one huge avocado with 1/2 a bar of 85% Green and Black's dark chocolate. Type that into a food calculator to see how much fat that is.

Your macronutrient ratios are nowhere near as important as satiety and nutrient density, though. Which is usually achieved through sufficient protein intake.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

F.Fellini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Your macronutrient ratios are nowhere near as important as satiety and nutrient density, though. Which is usually achieved through sufficient protein intake.
    This. If you're having health issues, it's vitally important to eat the most nutrient-dense foods you can and destress as much as possible. Focus on that, not on hitting specific ratios.