Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Yet Another Protein Powder Thread

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    2,711

    Yet Another Protein Powder Thread

    Because I like to keep things going instead of thredromancy or archiving. Forums are -social-.

    Anyways, let us remind ourselves of good brands of Whey Protein, for days when we can't / don't want to cook, or whatever.

    Criterion!

    No soy!
    No BS additives!

    I found:

    Amazon.com: Raw Organic Whey - USDA Certified Organic Whey Protein: Health & Personal Care

    You?

    M.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,196
    That's fucking expensive. My protein powder:

    Make America Great Again

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    That's fucking expensive. My protein powder:

    You should buy that by the pound. Much easier to measure out with a spoon than to rip open those little packets. And lots cheaper, too.

    Cheese is for those days I don't feel like cooking.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,196
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    You should buy that by the pound. Much easier to measure out with a spoon than to rip open those little packets. And lots cheaper, too.
    I should. I buy the 32 packet box for like 8.99 at Vons. I've spilled countless amounts of gelatin ripping open the packets, you don't even know ;_;

    These?

    Knox Original Gelatin, Unflavored, 16-Ounces Cans (Pack of 2): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
    Make America Great Again

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I should. I buy the 32 packet box for like 8.99 at Vons. I've spilled countless amounts of gelatin ripping open the packets, you don't even know ;_;

    These?

    Knox Original Gelatin, Unflavored, 16-Ounces Cans (Pack of 2): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
    Like that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    That's fucking expensive. My protein powder:

    So, someone school me please. Knox gelatine is protein from animal hoofs or something?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    8,725
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    So, someone school me please. Knox gelatine is protein from animal hoofs or something?
    Wikipedia is your friend. Not just animal hooves, but yes. Gelatin is not a complete protein (if I understand correctly), but it is very good for you anyway.
    Depression Lies

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,032

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,196
    Why don't you bros just eat cottage cheese? 48oz is 160g of protein and like 1.1k calories.

    It's only 50g carbs too!
    Make America Great Again

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Why don't you bros just eat cottage cheese? 48oz is 160g of protein and like 1.1k calories.

    It's only 50g carbs too!
    It's ever so slightly easier to add a scoop of powder dissolved in water or milk to a meal than a pound or 4 of cottage cheese.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •