Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yet Another Protein Powder Thread page 3

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    So, someone school me please. Knox gelatine is protein from animal hoofs or something?
    Wikipedia is your friend. Not just animal hooves, but yes. Gelatin is not a complete protein (if I understand correctly), but it is very good for you anyway.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    I was using beef protein called carnivore but then I was questioning the beef behind and must be all the scraps, cartridge etc .
    Switched to my mix of whey blends

London UK

Jefferson1775 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Natural Whey...........no artificial sweeteners or flavors!
    I use this, too. It's not exactly primal, but it's better than most of the other whey powders out there. Plus, I can get nearly a quarter of my protein needs for $1.50 per day.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

mike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryancarter1986 View Post
    I was using beef protein called carnivore but then I was questioning the beef behind and must be all the scraps, cartridge etc .
    And that's bad? Sounds like that is whats used to make gelatin (thanks for the link namelesswonder)

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Yes the actual beef they use, not mention of grass fed good standard . Not about the parts.

Seem thing i love eating offal but would not eat poor quality as the nutrients are not they're and could be more damaging with bad toxins in liver etc.

London UK

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryancarter1986 View Post
    Yes the actual beef they use, not mention of grass fed good standard . Not about the parts.

Seem thing i love eating offal but would not eat poor quality as the nutrients are not they're and could be more damaging with bad toxins in liver etc.

London UK
    I'm under the impression that most toxins are stored in the fat. Hence the old adage that if you're going to eat CAFO meat, eat lean stuff and add higher quality fat to supplement it.

If I was a zillionaire, I might buy grass-fed, organic whey protein, but I'd rather buy 10 lbs of the NOW Foods unflavored whey and spend a little more other places in my food budget.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123