Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Tea? page 3

piggy is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A good quality Yunnan. My supplier refers to it as "coffee of the surgeons" . It can be expensive though.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Makes it more shiny and soft, and speeds up growth rate(allegedly). It definitely makes it more shiny and soft, from my experiences, and more pliable with less tangles and flyaways.
    Interesting. Sound like the effects of henna.

I bought some extracted rooibos oil when I was in South Africa. It allegedly works on scar tissue to make it less lumpy and visible. I'm not really sure if it's true since my scars would be fading over time anyway. The oil is supposed to work on stretch marks too but I don't have any of those.

Charles Jik is offline Junior Member
    Irish Breakfast tea and the green tea are best to use and to make yourself fresh for dull day's work and it would also give you the essential minerals that are too much effective and beneficial for your health. It also has the fat burners in it that keep the body smarter enough.

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryancarter1986 View Post
    I like ,
    Fennel peppermint & nettle mix.

Or plain fennel or peppermint

London
    Oooooh, I want to try this now. I have mint, fennel and nettle all growing on my property, so it'd be free!

I personally like dandelion leaf tea, as well as dandelion mixed with mint, &/or ginger or turmeric. Nettle tea is also yummy, and full of vitamins. It's great for its many other health benefits, too. I also like to make my own "chai" tea with cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, cloves, and nutmeg. I like rooibos as well. None of these teas, though, have caffeine.

As for caffeinated teas, I like yerba mate. It's a South American beverage that tastes quite good (especially with mint) and has a lot of caffeine. Supposedly, it doesn't give people the jittery affects of coffee but still gives a nice, consistent energy. I never got the jitters from it, and it did give me quite a bit of energy... but I'm also pretty susceptible to the effects of caffeine.

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    It's pre made , will find out the brand later today but available from Wholefoods / planet organic in london.

London UK

JinMe is offline Junior Member
    I get my tea from Tea Forte (teaforte.com) - a wonderful selection of teas - herbal, black, green, rooibos, white. I buy the loose tea and use their Kati cup to brew. It makes tea drinking a really nice experience.

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    Green tea with mint - very refreshing and keeps me on an even keel. In fact I think it's time for another cup :-)

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    A good quality Yunnan. My supplier refers to it as "coffee of the surgeons" . It can be expensive though.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    A Dianhong or a pu'er? Or, more specifically, what kind of Yunnanese tea are you referring to?

Also TIL Derpamix is a lady.

M.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps give mi-chai tea a try.

I've tried a lot of other teas, but always come back to this one. I love it!

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I love the flavor of hibiscus, hot or cold. No caffeine though, so you'd have to mix it with something. The mild, slightly sweet flavor of jasmine might be nice - something I'd never considered until reading this thread. Off to try it out.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast