Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow! GMO vs non-GMO corn page

elfman5150 is offline Member

Wow! GMO vs non-GMO corn

Primal Fuel
    So I've added corn back into my diet as a healthy carb source since I am able to tolerate it without any problem, I love the taste, and I am able to get non-GMO corn (aka corn like the Native Americans would have eaten). Anyway, for the heck of it I wanted to see what the difference in nutritional value between non-GMO and GMO corn was, and I was astonished! Here is a good link for those of you interested.
    Stunning Corn Comparison: GMO versus NON GMO - Moms Across America

By the way, do any of you guys eat corn, in any of its forms? I personally love shrimp N grits, but nothing beats a nice ear of sweet silver queen corn. Mmmm!

Thoughts?

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    local corn season is just staring and i have access to the good stuff too so, yes, will have a few ears with my lobsters over the next month or so. excellent vehicle for butter.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

elfman5150 is offline Member
    Oh yea, especially some nice grilled corn with a chipotle lime crema.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat it. I liked it as a child, but as my taste for sweets diminished, so did my taste for corn. Add to that the fact that it is has become ubiquitous in the food supply (feed for CAFO animals, HFCS, corn and veg oils), that it's not all that nutritious, and that it's a grain, and I see no reason to seek it out.

That said, if I liked it, and I had an organic source that I trusted, I might use it in things like crawfish boils, etc.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I actually didn't even know there was such a thing as "non-GMO corn" anymore.

But how would I know??? Nobody LABELS IT FOR ME!!!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I actually didn't even know there was such a thing as "non-GMO corn" anymore.

But how would I know??? Nobody LABELS IT FOR ME!!!
    This x1000 squared.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Ya, where do you get nonGMO corn? And I wouldn't call any sweet corn "nonGMO" since it was created in a radiation experiment.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    I get non-gmo tortillas and chips. they are delicious. My ancestors lived on corn (native americans) so its good enough for me.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't eat corn or corn derivatives. Too paranoid. Afraid that even supposedly non-GMO corn is contaminated with the transgene. Breast cancer. Not worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast