Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal- Emofedom page 17

Emofedom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Went to a children's Dinosaur exhibit today with my family plus BFF's family then to lunch. Over all a good day. Ethan thought the moving exhibits were cool. Didn't get scared at all! Brave baby! Lol

Not that I have ever had an issue with it but I need to keep an eye on my sodium intake. Whenever I get lazy and don't cook I eat high Sodium.
    My solution:
    I am going to "try" to grilling up a lot of chicken, pork and or beef for the week. Steaming a bunch of broccoli and then dividing them all up into individual containers for the week. I will add in Brussel sprouts and salad mixes to change it up a bit. I know you all have the same issue and understand. Breakfast is worst! Everything is high sodium... Sausage or bacon mostly. I don't care for eggs much, which makes it harder to do the (ketogenic diet) low carb thing in the morning.

[food]
    B-7 pieces of bacon wrapped in lettuce
    L/D- Argentinian beef salad (so so so good)
    Snack- small pack of mixed nuts

[Exercise]
    Killer leg workout no cardio.

[sleep]
    1-6:30 I didn't want to wake up either. Ethan was ready to play.

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

**Sunday**

DH and brother went to Church with Ethan and me. Brother new a lot of people there and immediately wondered off visiting everyone. That's why his syndrome is nicknamed the Friendly Syndrome. I whispered a thank you to my husband for going as we walked in and was shocked when he said "I was actually looking forward to going again." Wow. That's a first. Ive been going for almost two months and this was his second time to join us. He has never been much on going to church in his entire life, but says he likes this one. He said its relaxed and kind of fun. It helps that his ex brother in law/ friend is there to visit with I guess! . I actually like him and his wife, who are awfully nice and talkative. Odd to be able to be friendly with a spouses' ex in laws! They have even been invited to Ethan's Big One year old Birthday Party. Back to the "church going" though! I do believe I will have two guys actually "wanting" to go on Sundays! How about that? makes me feel good.

Oh and I wore that SIZE 8 Dress too! I felt super skinny. I have been using some tanning towel from the makeup store. They work good. I'm very fair skinned with a billion freckles so tanning doesn't really work plus it's terrible for ya I know. But my legs were tan and muscled looking. Never been that proud of them before. My arms and shoulders however are gonna take some serious time and work. I'll get there. Not going to give up on making myself happy and proud of my body.

[food]
    B- IF
    L- beef Fajita meat with bell peppers and onions (lunched at a restaurant)
    D- 2 turkey Dogs with mustard
    Snack- mixed nuts

[exercise]
    My rest day

[Sleep]
    1-8

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"
    Last edited by Emofedom; 09-09-2013 at 11:50 AM.

**Monday**

Took brother to work @7 and returned home to my week of madness. I'm a little nutty about having everything just so, when I have company coming. Having a baby and being a nut takes some serious time management! So today I began the cleaning. I dusted my entire living room. Every wall, nicknack, lampshade, vent, and even under the couches. My husband says I'm the only person he has ever seen flip their couch over and vacuum the springs. I vacuumed all the rugs and cobwebs and moped all the tile. I organized the desk and rearranged the furniture. And then I took Ethan outside. He loves it outside even in this heat. I finally mastered the weed eater and trimmed all around the flowerbeds, trees, greenhouse and house.

Ethan and I went this evening and picked my brother up and what do I hear? Coming from the back seat, a little but loud voice, "hey Josh!" And I look back at that toothy grin. He said Josh three more times clear as day! we know where Uncle Josh rates! Life is good. No I don't have the average family, but boy do they love one another. Uncle Josh is all Baby Ethan wants in the evenings. It's like a game when we get home. Is Josh quick enough to get in his room before the racing crawler gets there and pushes the door open? Usually not. Ethan knows the evening routine pretty well. He even gets excited about getting in the car in the evening cause he knows Josh is coming home. I know he's my brother and not my son but most days I almost forget. Its kind of cool thinking of Josh being a big brother figure for Ethan. He can wait till Ethan is ready to join the volunteer fire department with him.

[food]
    B/L- pan fried turkey ham and 4 egg whites with salsa
    D- shrimp salad... What Ethan did mooch from me
    Snack- small bag mixed nuts
    2 tsp chai seeds and 1/4cup diet grape/cranberry juice after workout

[exercise]
    45min on chest and abs
    30 on cardio

[sleep]
    11-6

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    I'm with your hubby; you're the only person I've ever heard of who vacuums couch springs.
    Ethan's talking, huh? Something else to show the friends and family at the party!

T.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    lol. Ditto on vacuuming the couch springs!! That is too funny. My house is lucky to get vacuumed once a month! lol. So good job!!

Ah yes...we can't wait for them to start talking & then in a few years we wish they'd shut up!! But they are oh so cute when they first start!

Whew...I wish I had your energy! But then you are young...& I am older than dirt. *sigh*. 😉
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

My mother was OCD I think looking back on it. I guess I take after her a bit here and there! Lol

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Hey Em!

Busy with the party preparations, huh? How are they coming along?

T.

**Tuesday**

Ethan and I had Sonic fast food for breakfast. I know it's terrible but we were hunger and going early, because someone forgot his dozer key at the house. Went to a late lunch with DH and his Dad and step mom. Then DH and I went to town to get Ethan more something's for his birthday and hubby a fuel tank for his truck bed.

[Food]
    B- the egg and sausage out of a Sonic Sausage Egg Biscuit
    L- Chicken Fajita meat with onions and bell peppers
    Snack- pig skins and salsa

[Exercise]
    This was a Leg workout night. It was cut short by my right thigh muscle being strained! It hurts extremely bad

[Sleep]
    11-6

**Wednesday**

Ethan was at daycare. So me and BFF ran our errands. I got my nails done(this is not normally me), got a few more gifts for Ethan (yes I spoil him), had lunch and then my very fashion forward friend said she needed to clean out her closet!! and yes I loaded up all kinds of goodies. 4 pairs of expensive jean, a trench coat, several sweaters, 2 gym outfits, 12 dresses (lots of size 8s), 2, pants(that actually fit) and 8 shirts. I love free!! I love cheap too! But I love love love free! Especially when it's coming out of her closet. It didn't even look like we put a dent in her closet. I'm a resale and thrift shop junky. It just makes sense to me to buy gentle used clothes especially when for the most part I live in the country where it'll get messed up anyway. Now my BFFs closes those are for church and nights out on the town.

[Food]
    B- if
    L- steak kabob
    D- grilled chicken salad

[exercise]
    Still nursing the pulled muscle

[Sleep]
    3-7

**Thursday**

Worn out because I hardly slept. I weeded the flower beds and scrubbed the floors. That was pretty much it. My parents are coming over so DH and I can have a date night. Neither of us feel good but it was already planned so we are going. We went to our favorite seafood restaurant. We went to home improvement store and bought lots of mulch for the flower beds. Then to the grocery store for party snacks for Saturday.

Started feeling sick that night.

[Food]
    B- if
    L- grilled chicken strips
    D- blackened Catfish Étouffée

[Exercise]
    None

[sleep]
    11-7

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

**Friday**

FOOD POISON!!! And I have 30+ people coming tomorrow for my son's birthday!! This bites. On the up side the scale said I lost an pound and a half!

Took Ethan to Dr after lunch to check his cough. Dr said I was doing all I could and it would be gone in a week or two. My stepmom took Ethan when I got home and my Dad went and picked up brother. I quickly hung decorations and went back to bed. My sweet brother came home and put mulch out for me and is tidying the house up.

Oh and a crazy storm blew through for like five seconds and we now are without power!

Oh and DH has spent entire day driving to Louisiana to pick his mother and her friend up cause they broke down during a job. He then had to take them to three more gas stations to fix displays or something. Now he is on the road taking them and the car to Arkansas to where they live. Then my MIL is coming back down here(staying at younger BIL) for the week before she is flown to Alaska to live with my youngest SIL. Heres where she is pissing me off. She wants my DH to load her car on trailer tonight in the dark, even though nothing is wrong with it, and bring her back the four to five hour trip here so she doesn't have to drive and use her gas. The nerve. I just keeping telling myself though her ticket next weekend is a ONE WAY ticket. DH and oldest BIL said if she wants to come back she'll have to walk! Lol

[food]
    B- slice of turkey
    L- hamburger patty

[Exercise]
    Not happening

[sleep]
    11-7

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Hey Em!

Busy with the party preparations, huh? How are they coming along?

T.
    Busy and more as you can read by my Fridays log.
    I can't wait to see the cake and balloon center piece. Ill get them tomorrow. I'll post pic tomorrow too. The cake better be off the charts for what they had me pay. One time deal though. The big ONE, so I went a little over board.

Em
    "Adapt and Overcome"

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast