Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foods begin to have different flavors? page

NewbiePrimal is offline Junior Member

Red face Foods begin to have different flavors?

Shop Now
    I've noticed as I've been eating on primal for the last few weeks and have noticed that vegetables taste sweeter. Has anyone else noticed this?

Anna Kurz Guest
    Yes yes yes, this is because of your leptin receptors which inturn change your tastebuds - simple foods become so flavoursome

peril is offline Senior Member
    Good, isn't it. Only problem is that now sweetened foods taste like crap
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    My husband and I laugh about how you know you're Primal when healthy foods taste like junk foods you used to love, but the junk foods now taste terrible. Yesterday, he was commenting on how his grass-fed cheese tasted like cheese-puffs, and the day before he was saying our wild blackberries tasted like Kool-aid. The same day, I was eating fried & dehydrated green beans and thought they tasted like donuts. I can't stand the taste of donuts now, but those green beans tasted delicious! Taste bud changing is totally normal!

If I eat an ice cream cone will that make it go back to the way it was where veggies taste bad again??

to clarify , I'm going out to eat tomorrow night and I've been pretty darn good about keeping the sugar at bay... and at the place I'm going I only get to go once every couple of months, and they have sweets/pasta I'm going to want to eat.. but I don't want to ruin all this taste change for one meal. Will one meal undo all this ?

Anna Kurz Guest
    Depends on how long your leptin receptors have been switched back on so to speak. Perhaps be on the safe side and only have a little

Mutton is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Kurz View Post
    Depends on how long your leptin receptors have been switched back on so to speak. Perhaps be on the safe side and only have a little
    Or do an experiment and enjoy the whole meal >: ) I'd like know your results!

You've switched over once already afterall, if worst comes to worst you can again. My experience is that it will take more than one meal, and in fact you probably won't enjoy it like you thought you would.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Definitely. Once I cut out the added sugar and processed carbs, fruits and vegetables actually have a taste and you start to develop enhanced tastes for the nuances of flavors. It's awesome.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbiePrimal View Post
    to clarify , I'm going out to eat tomorrow night and I've been pretty darn good about keeping the sugar at bay... and at the place I'm going I only get to go once every couple of months, and they have sweets/pasta I'm going to want to eat.. but I don't want to ruin all this taste change for one meal. Will one meal undo all this ?
    Don't know.
    But if that's all they had there then I wouldn't eat it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast