Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foods begin to have different flavors? page 2

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I used to hate sweet veg like parsnips and hate fruit in savoury dishes (e.g. apricots in lamb stew), now I love both.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    things I used to love, like Chinese food, I can no longer stand. just thinking about how Chinese restaurants smell (fried foods!) makes me lose my appetite. I so much prefer my own cooking, that eating out is no longer a treat, unless I get a simple steak and salad.

NewbiePrimal is offline Junior Member
    Well, I went out to eat Thursday night. I will advice against this. I ate my fill of sushi, a little pasta, wanton, and ice cream.. It was delicious.... My taste receptors still loved this bad food. Sigh. Now I am having some cravings come up again AND I feel super tired. Not sure if that is related or not. The veggies do NOT taste as good today, although I still like them. I'm not sure if this is psychological or not. Lol

Mutton is offline Senior Member

Sorry to hear. But you got to where you did before, I think you can do it again.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    when i cut out grains and sugars, i was doing low-carb, so it was 6 weeks before i even had a blackberry. it was the most luscious fruit i'd ever tasted!! once the garbage goes, real food is amazing.

i know if i have any wheat or sugar i get very tired afterwards. if i have "too much" i feel utterly sick. soooooooooooooooo... i. don't. eat. them. because of how crappy i feel after eating this stuff, i don't WANT it anymore.

ymmv.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    The "biggie" for me is processed food. Any chocolate under 55% tastes of oil. Any under 70% and there will be an aftertaste.
    Flavour-enhanced wines are vile.

HOWEVER, if I eat artisanal chocolate, I can taste all the essential oils and herbs in it, making it a greater experience. And berries are amazing now. So it is positive, overall. It's just ruined any "cheats" for me.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12