Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Increased heart rate after cookies page 3

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    I get this too, after eating baked goods...not just sweet stuff, but home made biscuits (my kryptonite), bread, plain pancakes & waffles, tortillas, pizza crust, etc. Home made. No mystery ingredients.

If it doesn't make me want to lie down and take a nap, then I can actually feel thee sensation of blood pulsing through my veins and my heart beating faster/harder for a couple of hourse after eating. Occasionally even a sensation of breathlessness.

Sugar from fruit, chocolate, candy or ice cream doesn't do this to me. Just floury baked goods.
    Yep, me too, same thing.

And I can't really see how it's "just the carbs" doing it, because I can eat a regular FUCKTON of
    candy (snickers, resees, twix, heath, jr. mints - about 1K cals worth) and that doesn't do shit.

Sooooooo, dunno!

Hope you're able to figure it out, Jammies, cuz it SUPER SUCKS.

Mine lasts a good hour. Gah.

Julia

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Last night at work there were some leftover fudge cookie things. The ingredients were not that terrible aside from flour (palm oil, the upgraded junk ingredients of less-than-abysmal quality), so I ate a few. Then, at my next break, I ate a few more. Think I ended up eating 5 or 6, they were pretty small. But the rest of the morning, heart went crazy, I felt hot and a little distant, etc. First wheat flour anything I've had in many months. Paid for it, too. Not quite worth it...would have been better off just buying a bar of chocolate.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Seems like for most people it must be the wheat. I think it must be the combo of wheat and sugar in my case. I don't recall getting it from just eating bread - although I can't be sure.

Interesting to me, I ended up getting two sores in my mouth and one in my nose, horrible sinus congestion, and had to come home from work early today to sleep. Probably a co-incidence, but perhaps eating that way is a real stressor to my body and the heart-rate is the sign.

The cookie experiment has ended (I did end up winning the contest ). I am happy to get back to my normal eating now.

I have been wondering if that response is somehow indicative of the presence of leaky gut. Anyone know?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

It's so much speculation. There haven't been comprehensive studies on leaky gut as far as I know. And I'm even more doubtful that GAPS can fix it. I've basically been doing gaps for months, and a little red sauce and a few cookies still messed me up, so I think it's hogwash at this point. I'm back to thnking some foods are just poisonous to some people, period.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Knifegill, you're supposed to do GAPS for 1.5-2 years before introducing non-GAP foods. It takes a long time to heal the gut, and even when one starts introducing non-GAPS foods, it starts with fermented buckwheat, quinoa, and millet. You didn't do GAPS right, especially with eating starches, so your gut never had a chance to heal. Your not a very good GAPS example .

Yeah, well, :P

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    It's so much speculation. There haven't been comprehensive studies on leaky gut as far as I know. And I'm even more doubtful that GAPS can fix it. I've basically been doing gaps for months, and a little red sauce and a few cookies still messed me up, so I think it's hogwash at this point. I'm back to thnking some foods are just poisonous to some people, period.
    I think there is pretty solid data that leak gut exists and correlates with autoimmunity and inflammation. But its the healing it that seems more difficult. I wish there was a set plan for recovery that would work for everyone.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123