Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Belly fat never decreases page

vibe is offline Junior Member

Belly fat never decreases

I've been primal since January 2013 with the hope that I'd finally be able to slim down my waist. I started at 34'', 190 lbs in January, and now I am 34'', 180 lbs. So lost 10 lbs but no belly fat. No matter what I do I cannot seem to get lower than 180 lbs.

Here is my typical daily diet:

Breakfast: 2 eggs w yolks, 2 strips bacon, chicken drumstick w skin, 1/2 avocado, piece of fruit

Lunch: ground turkey mixed with lots of veggies, chicken drumstick w skin

Dinner: same as lunch, 1/2 avocado, tomato

Snacks: chicken drumsticks w skin, occasional dark chocolate

I use coconut oil for cooking.

Fitday.com estimates this around 1500 calories/day, with 53% fat, 39% protein, 8% carbs.

What am I doing wrong?

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    I am thinking you are 34 years old? What is your height & gender? What is your typical activity?

"No matter what I do", what have you tried?
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

vibe is offline Junior Member
    I'm 31, male, 6'2''. I do the "7 minute workout" everyday for exercise.

I've tried reducing portions to reduce calories, but its not sustainable since I get too hungry. I've tried adding extra fat like butter when I cook but I can never get below 180 lbs.

I wish I could get a dollar for every time this is the answer. Okaaaaaay, drummmm rolllll, what you can do:
    Eat more.
    EAT MORE!!!!

I have no idea what the 7 minute workout is but even if it is about nothin' you ain't eating enough to sustain lean mass.

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    We all have different maintenance levels, if you drop below your maintenance level you will lose weight, that is a given.

Just cut down your calorie intake till you see the scales starting to move again. The stomach is nearly always one of the last places to give up it's stored fat so just grit your teeth and stick with it.

Not sure what your workout is but you should also do some brief intense resistance workouts to stimulate muscle growth. Not only will this improve your appearance as you gain muscle but the more muscle you have the more calories burned at rest....win, win situation !

Good luck.
    Last edited by OldSchhool; 07-17-2013 at 04:45 PM.

So I did something recently without realllly planning it out that you guys like to do with amazing results, so now I see why y'all talk about it so much:

I ate a lot for a week. After losing 30 pounds on food restriction.
    I gained 8 pounds. Lost 4% body fat. Fit into the next smaller pair of jeans.
    Returned to food restriction. Lost 4 of the 8 pounds. Still fit in da littler jeans and still have the lower body fat.
    I see a rinse & repeat in my future...

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Is this the workout ?
    The Scientific 7-Minute Workout - NYTimes.com

If so then I'd file it in the garbage. Not quite sure how it fits the description of ' High intensity ' as it mentions in the article. How is it progressive ? There is nothing there to create an adaptive response from your muscles....just another fad workout created to make money.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vibe View Post
    I'm 31, male, 6'2''. I do the "7 minute workout" everyday for exercise.
    Change to the "70 minute workout" everyday for exercise instead - and keep the diet exactly the same...
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Change to the "70 minute workout" everyday for exercise instead - and keep the diet exactly the same...
    Twice a day on weekends surely?
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Anna Kurz Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Vibe - OldSchool is correct in that in more cases than not, the stored fat (bad fat cells) that are on the stomach area are the hardest to go. It is my thoughts here though that you are still have inflammation responses to some of those foods that you are eating, hence why the scales are not moving. Although you are eating brilliantly with incorporating lots of good saturated fats in your food diary that you mention, not all these foods maybe right for you.
    Avocado, veg such as carrots, cabbage, beans for example can cause many an individual inflammation. Likewise with the protein - you mention that you are mainly eating chicken, have you tried eating more red meat instead?
    Do you consume any dairy at all? perhaps milk in coffee etc? again, dairy can cause inflammation within ones body.
    Fine tuning your foods in regards to eliminating those that cause inflammation will be your key I feel.
    Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast