Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Belly fat never decreases page 3

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sleep a lot, lift heavy 3x week (max one hour per session), walk a lot in between, skip breakfast every day and work out fasted. Eat a lot of proteins at every meal and up your carbs (potatoes, rice) and lower your fat on intense WO days.
    Add ~ 30mn sprint session max 1x week (I do this myself on a football ground: sprint full blast the whole length, catch my breath and when I feel ready again, I sprint back full blast - 5 to 6 times and you're "dead" ).

John Watson is offline Member
    I have lost 33lbs, gained some muscle, and still have belly fat!!! I lift heavy things, do pull ups, push ups, walk between 8k-10k steps every day to no avail. Also, I get around 6-7 hours sleep every night. I am 6'3" and weigh 194lbs now...fyi.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    1500 calories is my BREAKFAST, and you're bigger than I am. Eat, man!

Sent via A-10 Warthog

mavo is offline Junior Member
    Get a food scale. Weigh every item you eat and calculate calories. The problem will solve itself with that.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Jeez, 6'2"?! 180 is thin already! What's you body fat, anyway? And at that size, you're looking at a baseline of at least 3000 calories per day just to break even. Eating less will only hurt you.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

F.Fellini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Jeez, 6'2"?! 180 is thin already! What's you body fat, anyway? And at that size, you're looking at a baseline of at least 3000 calories per day just to break even. Eating less will only hurt you.
    Without much muscle, 180 lbs at 6'2" may not be as thin as it seems. But I totally agree that he needs to up his calories bigtime.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I estimated portion sizes for something filling, yet moderate. If you eat more or less of something, I can adjust the figures for you.
    From my personal data on food and kcals. The first number is grams of fat, the second is grams of protein, the third is grams of carbs.

2 hard-boiled eggs 10.6, 12.6, 1.2
    2 rashers bacon 6.6, 5.8, 0.3
    1 chicken leg 15.3, 29.6, 0
    1 medium avocado 29.5, 4, 17.1

100g ground turkey 6.2, 19.5, 0
    100g med veg 0.6, 1.9, 10.9

1 tomato 0.2, 0.8, 3.6

1 tbsp coconut oil 13.6, 0, 0

-131.4g fat
    -142.2g protein
    -229.8g carbs
    -Total kcal: 2670.6
    -Kcal without protein: 2102.8
    -44.3% fat, 21.3% protein and 34.4% carbs (from total kcals)

And that's not counting the snacks!

You may need to look elsewhere for kcal counts, if Fitday.com puts that as only 1500. Even with a far more conservative estimate it would break 2000 for total kcals.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post

If I were to look more ripped, I would drop the coconut oil. Yeah, I know, CO is nice and tasty but you see, all these MCTs are converted to ketones by the liver and are used straight up for energy. You are not exactly relying on the stubborn fat stores in this way ... just a thought, i may be wrong ...

What I would do (actually, I am doing it without thinking about it), is to eat at maintenance most of the time (be it once a day or 2 a la leangains), and once a week, fast completely, no food at all from morning to the next day when you usually eat. And when you resume eating, just eat normally, don't try to compensate for the long fast. On average you will have a slight cal deficit but your metabolism will not treat it as a starvation because you most of the time eat at maintenance.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    I would reduce your chicken consumption and add in more organ meats, steaks, eggs and salmon. Also you need to rev up your testosterone production and increase your metabolic rate by increasing muscle mass. Get serious about a progressive resistance weight training program. Also make sure you add in some sprinting each week. Don't worry about what you weigh, focus on building muscle and reducing body fat.

adamm is offline Senior Member
    I'm gonna chip in here, as I have the same problem as the OP, but have been at it much longer.

I started Paleo/Primal (in that order) probably 2 1/2 years ago. I dropped from 100 kg to 90kg (and 40" to 34" waist) on a VLC Paleo diet, then watched it creep up to ~92kg. I've been at 92 kg for the past 2 years.

I lift heavy things 4 times a week for about 50 minutes a session. My strength goes up and I continue to add muscle - not unhappy with that. I run twice a week (short runs, 4 - 5 km) and sprint once a week. I walk, on average, 18 km a week as well.

I'm still 92 kg.

I've tried VLC, didn't help. I added in carbs, felt better, but didn't change my weight. I tried caloric deficits, didn't make a difference. I even just tried the shangri-la diet for the past two weeks. Lost 0.00 kg on it. My waist is still a 34, my weight is still the same. Oh, and I do the IFing, so only eat lunch (right after workouts) and dinner. I do not snack. Ever. My drinking (alcohol) is limited to Fridays and Saturdays (calories, right?)

I mean, even with caloric deficits, I've put myself on a minus 200 calories a day, I've put myself on minus 800 calories a day. I've gone on a bulking (very clean and primal, mind you) diet, and you know what? 92kg.

I've got out dairy except for butter and hard cheeses (because something in all other cow dairy messes with my stomach).

--Me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast