Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Belly fat never decreases page 2

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    1500 calories per day is not enough for a 31 year old male, period end of story.

Up the calories, take a bit of a diet break eating at maintenance, and then slowly go back into a caloric deficit. A carb refeed is in order as well.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

JackieM is offline Junior Member
    Anna may be right. I am 5 foot 5 inches (female) and used to weigh 130. I messed with my diet primarily to see how it effected my energy. I never lost weight no matter what combo of macros or how many/few calories I ate. Then, I found out I am intolerant to dairy and egg. When I eliminated those foods (plus soy and gluten), within a dew months I dropped down to a stable 122 without intentionally trying to lose weight. When I "cheat" and eat dairy, egg, or gluten, I temporarily gain 5-6 pounds in one day!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    My belly was at its smallest last summer when I was sprinting. I'm about five pounds up from then, six pack turned into a 4-pack. Got down to a 30" waist for a bit, back up to 32" - I'm a 31 year old male. That was, of course, with Warrior-style once a day meals, 2500 to 3000 calories, mostly carnivore very low-carb and nutrient-dense foods. This year I've been eating too much cheese and not sprinting at all, really. It shows a tad, but my labs are excellent. So meh. Maybe try sprinting?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Anna Kurz Guest
    jakejo10 - each person is an individual, each person has different healings that needs to occur and each person therefore will have different inflammatory responses to certain foods. Whilst certainly an increase in carbs may help, it is the type of carbs or rather the type of food fuel that each of us needs to fine tune in order to reduce inflammation within the body.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Kurz View Post
    jakejo10 - each person is an individual, each person has different healings that needs to occur and each person therefore will have different inflammatory responses to certain foods. Whilst certainly an increase in carbs may help, it is the type of carbs or rather the type of food fuel that each of us needs to fine tune in order to reduce inflammation within the body.
    Yes, I understand that everything is individual. However, at 31 years old and 180 lbs, 1500 calories is not sufficient and asking for a down regulated metabolism (if this hasn't already happened).
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Anna Kurz Guest
    Yes, you are right there jakejoh - I'm wondering if this person has calculated the calorie content of his food incorrectly? From what I see in his food diary, this would appear to be alot more than 1500calories - what do you think?

Anna Kurz Guest
    Vibe, are you measuring each of these foods as in gram amounts? Just wondering because with this food diary I would think this equates to alot more than 1500 calories.......
    And also, are you feeling 'hungry' or 'satisfied' ?

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    I have to agree with others on eating more for your stats but my flat belly advice it to RUN!

Mistizoom is offline Junior Member
    Your calories seem very low for your age and gender. Eat more fat to increase your calories.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Wait a minute...you're a 6'2 180# man eating roughly the same amount of calories that I, a 5'4, 100 pound woman eats.

Something's not right here.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast