Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black coffee page 3

tekshow is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Yes, you take out a scoop of coconut oil, add it to the coffee, and then blend it in the blender. The coconut oil emulsifies, turning the coffee milky. It also tastes creamy. It's great if you're not too lazy to blend your coffee every day and CLEAN your blender every day.

Yep that's what I DO! And I always use awesome locally roasted coffee, or some bulletproof coffee, and I use an aeropress, or a french press, or a pour over chemex if I'm feeling fancy.

Sometimes I cheat with putting a little bit of raw unfiltered honey into it post blending.

And I have some Xylitol around that I make certain is made from North American hardwood and not Chinese GMO corn.

All good stuff. Preparing it this way especially with Coconut oil it's kind of filling, and the pour over methods all ensure that it's lower in acidity than a percolator.
    Living the dream - One life at a time!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Black coffee is surprisingly good, kind of sweet. Don't do decaf, though. Try a real espresso, a coffee with espresso added to it or French press coffee. Your first forays into the black may be easier if the coffee still has the rich texture of coffee with cream.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Make it stronger- the flavor is worse when the coffee is weak. Use good quality coffee.* Think about french press or cold press, both of which make it less bitter and more smooth.
    This right here.

Drip coffee takes a bit of getting used to black but french pressed is great right off the bat, with quality coffee that is. Coffee quality helps all around though even with drip.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Your first forays into the black may be easier if the coffee still has the rich texture of coffee with cream.
    and this^. French pressed coffee has a very creamy texture.

fcby9 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Make it stronger- the flavor is worse when the coffee is weak. Use good quality coffee.* Think about french press or cold press, both of which make it less bitter and more smooth.
    This. Quality absolutely makes all the difference. Once you drink it for a few days, you get used to it, and dare I say prefer it on a regular basis. I add 1/2 and 1/2 to hot coffee once in a while (maybe once a few weeks or once a month), but that's about it.

I would say the thing that really made my transition easier was having it iced -- specifically iced Americano, not iced coffee. Iced Americano tastes much more potent (read: delicious) than iced coffee, so that really eased my transition into drinking it black.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123