Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black coffee page 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucysmommy View Post
    Hello

I am a white coffee drinker but want to transition to drinking black coffee and cutting out the dairy - any advice?

Would it be best to start off weak?

Thanks
    Indeed not! In my opinion making weak coffee is a sin against the Holy Spirit, so no way - make it STRONG - so strong that you can feel the prickle on your forehead when drinking it, the hair raises on your head and adrenaline pumps into your veins...
    Being just an old fashioned guy myself; I’m beyond tired of all these fragile mama boys (and girls!) with powder in their gluteus and soft pillows under their arm pits that cannot recover from their 3 days a week abbreviated “strength” routine…

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Try black coffee with lemon juice.

I think I am one of those crazy people who just don't appreciate a good coffee. For me it all down to 'that black unpleasant liquid that smells good and carries me through my fast'. Office coffee machine does grinding and pressing but I see absolutely no difference to my year old nestcafe instant or an espresso in a coffee shop. One of these days I will get a Turkish coffee pot and start roasting and grinding my own beans, but I am positive I won't taste any difference. Just not a coffee person....
    Last edited by Leida; 07-18-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

little12 is offline Member
    silly question maybe, but when you say you add coconut oil...do you literally just get a small scoop out? The coconut oil I have is a solid almost waxy state. It does melt pretty quickly when you add heat, so i'm assuming that's what you mean.

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little12 View Post
    silly question maybe, but when you say you add coconut oil...do you literally just get a small scoop out? The coconut oil I have is a solid almost waxy state. It does melt pretty quickly when you add heat, so i'm assuming that's what you mean.
    I have found that if adding coconut oil then using a blender makes it much better. You can also add some other flavors if you like. Vanilla and Cinnamon go good with coffee.
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Yes, you take out a scoop of coconut oil, add it to the coffee, and then blend it in the blender. The coconut oil emulsifies, turning the coffee milky. It also tastes creamy. It's great if you're not too lazy to blend your coffee every day and CLEAN your blender every day.

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    I use to hate black coffee but now since ditching dairy . I really like it, I usually in this hot weather over here at the moment 32c in UK !!
    Iced espresso !!!

London

lucysmommy is offline Member
    Need to get myself some good coffee!

Stina1115 is offline Member
    I put a tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter, 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil, and freshly grated nutmeg and cinnamon, then blend in the coffee pot with my immersion blender. Yummy and quick. And I used to hate black coffee too, but this method has helped me transition to the point that I can enjoy a cup of black coffee now.

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    *I like https://www.alterracoffee.com/, as their coffee is very good, and their website has "flavor profiles" to help you identify and select coffees you like. I've found I'll like just about anything with a low acidity rating.
    Thanks for this, just ordered a couple different bags to try out!

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Weak coffee puts me in a terrible mood. I am not kidding. Something about it PISSES ME OFF.

I would just go for it.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

SuBee is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Seconding the idea of trying cold-brewed coffee. I still drink mine with cream but I can actually enjoy sips of it black before I give in and go for the cream.

Here's the method I use:
    How To Make Cold-Brew Coffee | The Feed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast