Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What to say to people who just won't let it go? page 5

EatMoveSleep is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Every time someone tries to tell me something I'm doing is bad for me I just give them a blank stare, pull up my shirt and look down at my abs, stare blankly back at them, then back at my abs. Drop my shirt back into place, shrug, and say "Eh, my body must've missed that memo."
    Funny

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    "And I so badly want to be like, you make fun of me for taking my hamburger bun off, but youre going to eat a honey bun AND a bag of M&Ms!!?!?!? "

I don't see why you can't just say that.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Is your friendship that formal, so you couldn't tell her to STFU and mind her own business?
    It always works for me.

Willow16 is offline Member
    My 19 y.o. daughter is having similar problems with her friends. She even told me that she would like to have a proper diagnosis so that it would shut them up (although I'm not too sure that it will shut them up). I have advised her to not talk about her food choices with her friends at all and, if they make any comments, to tell them it's her life and her choice.

I am going to take her to the doctor to see about celiac testing but, since she isn't eating gluten, I have read that the blood tests are useless. I did advise her to say that she is wheat intolerant, which she is since she gets stomach pain whenever she eats wheat, until we can figure this out.

LibbyLou is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinNM View Post
    "And I so badly want to be like, you make fun of me for taking my hamburger bun off, but youre going to eat a honey bun AND a bag of M&Ms!!?!?!? "

I don't see why you can't just say that.
    I think I would totally do this.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow16 View Post
    My 19 y.o. daughter is having similar problems with her friends. She even told me that she would like to have a proper diagnosis so that it would shut them up (although I'm not too sure that it will shut them up). I have advised her to not talk about her food choices with her friends at all and, if they make any comments, to tell them it's her life and her choice.

I am going to take her to the doctor to see about celiac testing but, since she isn't eating gluten, I have read that the blood tests are useless. I did advise her to say that she is wheat intolerant, which she is since she gets stomach pain whenever she eats wheat, until we can figure this out.
    "It makes me sick" can be a really good reason when said with feeling.

Willow16 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    "It makes me sick" can be a really good reason when said with feeling.
    I'll pass this on to her. Thanks!

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    I guess try a nice approach first, if you are that committed to keeping her as a friend. If that doesn't work, next time she tells you to just eat that tortilla/bun/whatever tell her, "I can't, carbs make me gain weight. Here, you eat it, clearly the weight gain doesn't bother you."

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Tell her that if she can recite the ingredient list of the soda she's drinking from memory, you'll take her seriously.

If that doesn't work, tell her that if she doesn't stop you'll sneak some pork fat into her food when she's not looking.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Badkty22 View Post
    "I can't, carbs make me gain weight. Here, you eat it, clearly the weight gain doesn't bother you."
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345