Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What to say to people who just won't let it go? page 4

peril is offline Senior Member
    Tell her you want to eat more nutritious food then threaten to rip out her liver and eat it if she persists
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

stoney56 is offline Member
    I have gone to the nutrient density argument twice. Piece of bread vs a sweet potato. One guy even told me that bread was better cause it's fortified. Duh, they fortify it cause it's a third world carb.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    snipt
    i haven't read the ENTIRE thread, but..

get a little closer to her face, make your eyes really big and say 'i don't... CAAAAARE....'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Point out you don't take diet advice from fatties.

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    Point out you don't take diet advice from fatties.
    I'm guessing the OP isn't looking for advice where she sounds like a total c**t to her friend.

That said, jilly, if she really is a good friend, she should be able to handle you telling her your food choices are your choices, period. And it might take being serious for a minute and a half for her to get it, because with all the joking around that usually goes on as you say, she's never taken you seriously.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Tell her you want to eat more nutritious food then threaten to rip out her liver and eat it if she persists
    For the win!

Aingealag is offline Member
    I found it helps to look them in the eye and say "I'm doing what is right for me and I would really appreciate your support".

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richmahogany View Post
    just tell her that when you want her opinion, you'll beat it out of her.
    lol
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I usually go one of three routes -

1. I say "I really like eating this way, it makes me feel really good."

2. I say, "oh, I do like tortillas, but they don't like me. My stomach just doesn't like that processed food."

3. Or, if I am annoyed enough, I say "I couldn't care less about what you eat, why do you make such a big issue about what I eat?" I prefer not to be rude, but I had had enough at a recent lunch with a vegetarian riding my butt. I also pointed out to her that I had put my RA into near remission with my diet, so I wasn't likely to change it any time soon. That particular point may not work so well for you
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know how frustrating this is. When someone is not too intellectual they accept what you say because they respect your knowledge, when someone is very (very) intellectual they accept what you say because ultimately you're right, but regular-to-moderately-intellectual people aren't stupid enough to accept what you say blindly nor intelligent enough to understand your arguments.

So... keep trying or something, some ideas:

"So you think that you know more about health? Do you know how much I've read? Do you think that you're better than me?" *Drama*
    "Have you ever heard of science? No matter what you believe, truth is truth and you might be wrong no matter how firmly you believe that you aren't"
    *Lengthy explanation about the dangerous insulin reaction that happens after you eat pasta* "See? It's hard to be wrong with such a detailed explanation, now you have something to refute with science, if you can't then I'll be right. Period"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast