Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Looking for lite version of Crossfit page 6

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Sounds like you're basically doing strength training with CrossFit-style conditioning thrown in. That's not CrossFit.
    For what it's worth, the programming at my box is very similar to the one at magnolia's box. We have two days a week of just strength training, no WODs. The rest of the time, we usually focus on one lift per class, and then we do a WOD at the end. The length of the WOD varies but is usually 20 minutes or less (but will occasionally exceed 20 minutes, especially on the weekends/holidays).

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    For what it's worth, the programming at my box is very similar to the one at magnolia's box. We have two days a week of just strength training, no WODs. The rest of the time, we usually focus on one lift per class, and then we do a WOD at the end. The length of the WOD varies but is usually 20 minutes or less (but will occasionally exceed 20 minutes, especially on the weekends/holidays).
    I think this approach is much better since it creates structure around the strength training. Strength is the hardest thing to improve after you've been training for a little while, so having a specific concentration to drive its progress is a good thing.

kot
    kot is offline Member
    Find a box that posts scaled wods such as brandX
    scaling explained CrossFit Brand X Forum| Programming: Scaling the WOD
    the wod list CrossFit Brand X Forum| CrossFit WOD

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Join a CF Box. All WODs have scaled back versions of them. The lite-version of the WODs are actually pretty good and much better than the higher level ones. The problem arises when after several months of training, the novice is overly eager to move up and do the RX versions of the WOD. That's when I see problems with the form breaking down.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456