Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keto Hair page 3

msjameyers is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    New symptom...brown patches on my face...maybe a hormone issue?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

dev
    dev is offline Junior Member
    brown patches = hormonal issue

common causes of hair loss: hormonal imbalance, rapid weight loss (from almost any method, needed or not, healthy or not), nutritional deficiency, STRESS (any of the previously listed items counts as stress, BTW).

personally, I've had other events in my life (STRESS, nutrient deficiencies from vegan diet, AND rapid weight loss) cause me severe hair loss, but my hair's totally thick & healthy on low carb/high fat.

for you, I don't know if it's specifically about CARBS, per se', but if your body considers it a shock to go low carb, that's a stress. take it easy on yourself.

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    brown patches = hormonal issue

common causes of hair loss: hormonal imbalance, rapid weight loss (from almost any method, needed or not, healthy or not), nutritional deficiency, STRESS (any of the previously listed items counts as stress, BTW).

personally, I've had other events in my life (STRESS, nutrient deficiencies from vegan diet, AND rapid weight loss) cause me severe hair loss, but my hair's totally thick & healthy on low carb/high fat.

for you, I don't know if it's specifically about CARBS, per se', but if your body considers it a shock to go low carb, that's a stress. take it easy on yourself.
    I've been eating low carb for over a year and VLC since January...with melasma and hair loss I'm thinking PCOS? I also just started testing my morning fasting glucose out of curiosity and was surprised by the readings in the low 100s...figured my blood sugar would be much lower given my low carb lifestyle, no family history, always been of normal weight, etc,

I'm on vacation now so can't get to the gyno for a week...I was on BCP for the past 22 years except for brief breaks when I had my 2 kids...just went off of them in April 2012...except for these two symptoms and some bloating, I feel amazing, tons of energy, great mood, very low stress etc....but am concerns that something is wrong hormonally...

PrimalChick is offline Junior Member
    Hello,

I am new here, but I have great compassion for your hair loss. I have suffered with the same and it started 8-9 years ago. I've seen several doctors and they haven't done anything for me except refer me to the 'hair loss professionals' who just want my money; I've sunk $-thousands. I've asked my doctors to test my thyroid and was found to be normal. When I asked for the in-depth test, I was told, "No. You don't need that." I've tried all the B-vitamins (seriously...in great detail) and I did experience faster hair growth, but no regeneration.

I did discover that sun exposure, Vitamin D, and stress reduction helped me in actually regenerating some hair growth.

I started Primal for well-being and, hopefully, weight loss. As a Primal, I'm not counting on hair regeneration, but I'm curious to see what this lifestyle will do for my hair. So far, I'm happy to say that after 6 weeks of Primal eating, my hair has an amazing shine and is easy to work with. My hair dresser is telling me my hair is much healthier. So, let's see what the next year brings. That's all I can say.

I truly understand what you are going through and I wish you the very best. I will report on any changes and I hope to hear from you, too.

Best.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123