Thread: One meal a day page

Miguelinileugim is online now Senior Member

Question One meal a day

Primal Fuel
    Yesterday I tried having a really big breakfast and nothing else for the entire day but some fruit (so blood sugar doesn't get too low), so far I haven't been hungry at all, I feel generally better (I hate having my stomach full) and I've saved almost an hour of time that I would have otherwise spent eating.

I don't see anything wrong with this, as I'm eating some fruit I'm neither in ketosis nor with IF, is there a problem?

Thanks

P.S: (almost) 16 years old, thin, somewhat athletic and without any sort of illness or health problem.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    do you have a a goal in mind, or is this strictly for saving time? were you able to consume sufficient cals during the day? you're "thin" and still growing.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    nothing else for the entire day but some fruit (so blood sugar doesn't get too low)
    Your blood sugar won't get too low, even if you don't eat at all for days, providing you are of healthy weight and have enough body fat to spare.

The pancreas takes care of this. One of it's functions is to keep blood sugar stable. When you don't eat at all, it produces glucagon in order to raise blood sugar. And when you eat food, it produces insulin in order to bring the blood sugar back down. That's the short answer. In reality, your blood sugar will be more stable if you eat less frequently than if you eat all the time.

I don't see anything wrong with this, as I'm eating some fruit I'm neither in ketosis nor with IF, is there a problem?

Thanks

P.S: (almost) 16 years old, thin, somewhat athletic and without any sort of illness or health problem.
    I don't see anything wrong with what you are doing at all, as long as you are of healthy weight and there isn't any problems. What you eat when you eat as well as meal size can play a big role in how you manage your weight. There are plenty of people who have used a lower meal frequency such as 2 meals per day in order to lose weight. There are also heavy athletes such as sumo wrestlers who eat as little as one meal per day. It's all about how it works for you and how you manage it.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Typically, the one meal of the day is more towards the middle of the day/early evening (the Warrior Diet).

To be quite honest, I wouldn't recommend this for someone who's 16 and still growing, but if you're consuming adequate calories and you're legitimately not hungry, I guess there's nothing wrong with it. At 16 years old, you should just be listening to your body and giving it what it needs.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    do you have a a goal in mind, or is this strictly for saving time? were you able to consume sufficient cals during the day? you're "thin" and still growing.
    This is all about saving time and feeling well, I'm fine physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    Your blood sugar won't get too low, even if you don't eat at all for days, providing you are of healthy weight and have enough body fat to spare.

The pancreas takes care of this. One of it's functions is to keep blood sugar stable. When you don't eat at all, it produces glucagon in order to raise blood sugar. And when you eat food, it produces insulin in order to bring the blood sugar back down. That's the short answer. In reality, your blood sugar will be more stable if you eat less frequently than if you eat all the time.
    So far if I don't eat any sort of carbohydrate for too long I start feeling stomach and head aches, so...

I know the theory thanks But so far I only know that I can't fast without all sorts of side effects, so I eat fruit, this way I don't enter ketosis nor IF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with what you are doing at all, as long as you are of healthy weight and there isn't any problems. What you eat when you eat as well as meal size can play a big role in how you manage your weight. There are plenty of people who have used a lower meal frequency such as 2 meals per day in order to lose weight. There are also heavy athletes such as sumo wrestlers who eat as little as one meal per day. It's all about how it works for you and how you manage it.
    Got it, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Typically, the one meal of the day is more towards the middle of the day/early evening (the Warrior Diet).

To be quite honest, I wouldn't recommend this for someone who's 16 and still growing, but if you're consuming adequate calories and you're legitimately not hungry, I guess there's nothing wrong with it. At 16 years old, you should just be listening to your body and giving it what it needs.
    Thanks for the opinion, but when you say "legitimately not hungry", what do you mean?

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I eat 2 meals a day and feel generally pretty great, minus a tiny bit of irritability before my first meal of the day, but that's taken care of quite easily thanks to my first meal! Do whatever works for you - no harm in that!

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the opinion, but when you say "legitimately not hungry", what do you mean?
    You have no desire to put food into your mouth .
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    I've saved almost an hour of time that I would have otherwise spent eating.
    wow, that's impressive!
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082