Thread: A Primal Chronicle - darienx19 page

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

A Primal Chronicle - darienx19

Primal Fuel
    I've finally decided to start a full time Primal Journal. Since the beginning of May, I've *tried* to continue with a challenge-style month. My challenge was to keep up being Primal without the safety net... read: no journal, no constantly reading the site, very little forum use.

Turns out I spend most of my time on the internet here : ) I barely used my computer recreationally during the time I was away, and even when I did, I would just check the meetup calendar, then maybe stumble for a bit, and finally get bored and shut it off.

May has been pretty fail as far as diet goes... I'd say I keep within 80/20, but my fruit(carb) consumtion has been more maintenance than fat loss. That and I've taken a weekly cheat meal where I just eat junk. Literally I go and get baked goods or something equally as awful for me.

Thus, I'm going to do a regular journal and keep up with it all here.
    Last edited by darienx19; 05-27-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Links to my old Primal Challenge Journals:
    April 10
    August 09

6/1/10

Food:
    6:30am - 7:00am: 3 pieces of dark meat chicken (bone in w/ skin, grilled), a hamburger patty, 1/2 a grilled pork steak, red hot, and 1/2 glass of OrangeStrawberryBanana juice.

7:00am - 5:00pm: IF - 10 Hours

5:00pm - 6:15pm: 3 strips of bacon, 3 egg omelet w/ mushrooms and goat cheese, small chunk of polish sausage, a "serving" of S&V potato chips (according to the bag, made using sunflower seed oil).

Exercise:
    - 1 lap around Carondelet park walking/jogging
    - Pushups, 10-12-8
    - Another lap around Carondelet park, carrying two 5 pound weights

Observations:
    My copy of the cookbook came today!!! I can't wait to have some time to read it.
    I'm starting to do research on buying a pair of inline skates and a bike, probably going to purchase a jump rope too.

6/2 and 6/3, 2010

Food:
    6/2
    6:15pm 6/1 - Noon 6/2: ~18 hour fast

Noon - 8:00pm: large piece of polish sausage, green olives, a pickle, medium orange, 3 pieces of bacon, 3 eggs over with salsa, grilled porksteak

8:00pm 6/2 - 7:00am 6/3: 11 hour fast

7:00am - 12:30pm - 4 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs over with salsa, 1/2 glass of POB juice, brussel sprouts in butter, 3 grilled chicken drumsticks (bone in w/ skin), an apple, a small amount of ham, slice of tomato, and piece of lettuce

12:30pm: begin fast

Exercise:
    6/2 - Swimming for 45 minutes. Not really laps, just being active and playing around in the water
    6/3 - walking/jogging at Carondelet park, 1 lap

6/4/2010

Food:

12:30pm 6/3 - Noon 6/4: Fast 23.5 hours

Noon 6/4 - 1:00am 6/5: BAS w/ avacado, polish sausage, pickles, black and green olives, and onions with a red hot + mustard salad dressing, an orange, a cookie, all you can eat sushi, a piece of cheesecake, and an unprecedented amount of cola.

Exercise:
    tore apart and reorganized the copy room at work. 4 hours of intermittent light cardio and randomly lifting heavy things. Wasn't part of a "normal" day, so counting it towards exercise.

Observations:
    I haven't been getting enough sleep!!! (he types at 130am). Took a cheat evening tonight, it was worth it lol. Sushi is somehow always worth it : ) Fortunately, it's expensive and can only be eaten as a cheat meal once in a while. I feel alright for it though, I'm not destroyed and I have a bunch of physical stuff to do tomorrow anyway. Getting back to a regular fasting schedule has been such a HUGE help in all things. I'm sure it will be a quasi cheat night tomorrow night as well, going to a huge party and will likely partake in the alcoholic offerings... such is life though. g'night!

6/5, 6/6

Well..... a "quasi-cheat night" turned into a weekend long SAD bender lol. I didn't bother keeping track... suffice it to say that analyzing it would just cause more stress hehehe.

I did manage to get some sun over the weekend though (finally) and am happy to report that I experienced the "looks like a burn but doesn't sting at all" effect that everyone else talks about. And this morning it's not even really red anymore, just getting tan : )

6/7/10

Food:
    7:30 am: 2 double yolk eggs sunny side up over porksteak-onion-mushroom stirfry (and some hot sauce of course), a glass of juice - half pineapple coconut, half pineapple orange banana.

7:30 am - 7:00 pm: 11.5 hour fast

7:00 pm - 10:30 pm: porksteak-onion-mushroom stirfry with redhot on it, another glass of juice

Exercise:
    Rest : )

Observations:
    I drank entirely too much juice lol I still stayed well under 100g of carbs for the day, but still.
    I seem to have lost my will to cook recently... if I can't make it in under 10 minutes (sometimes even 5), I have no interest in it. Thus all the eggs and quick stir fry's.
    Last edited by darienx19; 06-08-2010 at 07:54 AM.

Well, I'm taking a small hiatus. Life has been too busy for internet time and vacation is coming up next week. I'll be back to hit it hard in July.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Hey there. Just dropping in to say hi!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

PrimalCon New York
    Did I say July? I obviously meant October =P

Don't think I'm going to keep a daily journal of food anymore... I've managed to learn how to control my eating habits without the need for a log. I've integrated Primal to the point where I don't "do Primal," I just "am Primal."

I've been gone from the forums for quite a while. I'll be honest, I missed it. It was good to have the time away though... likewise, it's good to be back. I tend to enjoy helping the new folks and answering the start up questions over and over again, so I'll likely get back to doing that.

I still haven't found any local Primal friends. I have converted a few folks in my life on the heels of my B&A story that Mark kindly put on the site. My boyfriend, sister, and mother have all taken it up. It would be nice to find someone to be friends with who is Primal and got there without my influence... so if you are in or around St Louis and and desire other Primal contact, please hit me up!

That's all for now, looking forward to catching up with those I know and making friends with those I don't!