Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i need some new snack ideas page

alexa85 is offline Senior Member

i need some new snack ideas

Shop Now
    coming up on two months of primal living and i've definitely noticed my nice lil routine for my day has carried over into the food area. you can multiply that by two because i pack lunch for my partner as well. we have our homemade trail mix daily, mixed berries, and pieces - at least one maybe two for me - of fruit (maybe apple, peach, pear, plum) and smoothies in the morning during the week (on days we aren't IFing) and eggs and bacon on the weekend. we are definitely over-fruitting, not so much a problem for me as it is for her because she has some weight to lose. i have greek yogurt and almond butter during the day as well. any ideas on new snacks? we have a dehydrator so jerky is definitely one option...i just want to know what other people are doing to help me brainstorm.
    i will maintain the truth
    i knew naturally as a child
    i won't forfeit my creativity
    to a world that's all laid out for me
    i'll look at everything around me
    and i will vow to bear in mind
    that all of this was just someone's idea
    it could just as well be mine - ani difranco

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Jerky should definitely be one. Hardboiled or deviled eggs, any kind of cooked meat, chilled shrimp, homemade guacamole, or for something super easy, grab a Larabar. Good luck!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Guac and pork rinds FTW! Hardboiled eggs are also a winner, pretty hard to fuck up. I am partial to Kippered Herring in a tin, but Sardines work pretty good too.

Good luck.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Vegetable sticks. In addition to the usual carrot and celery, zucchini, cucumber, red pepper strips, jicama, lightly steamed broccoli, lightly steamed sugar snap peas are all great. Bring guacamole or tahini to dip.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Guac devils! Salsa and pork rinds, hard boiled eggs, jerky, dried coconut, smoked fish, bacon strips.

my girlfriend will thank you for the pork rinds! something i have strictly forbidden in the house since we have been together. i guess she's good to go now she can handle the sardines, but not me. i do keep those around for her.
    i make a wicked guac so that will be easy. i will just have to keep some eggs boiled up all the time, something we don't do currently. i don't know how to make tahini dip, but i did use to make a wicked hummus (that i miss so dearly) recipes are welcome
    i thought about trying this: have ya'll ever had that delicious hot pepper garlic red sauce stuff they top hummus with in middle eastern restuarants? i thought about mixing that with some cream cheese for an alternative to ranch dip with veggies.
    thanks for all the replies!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I subsituted Almonds in Hummus for the Garbonzo beans, and it works just fine. I haven't made this since i was a rawfoodist, but seems like it would be be perfectly primalish.

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    Today I have peanut butter balls but I would usually make them with almond butter but we were out. I will post the recipe on my blog eventually.

Banana nut butter cake is a snack/desert I use, that is also on my blog.

I also use eggs, sardines, lara bar, tea with cream (chai and bengal spice work well), sausages, any meat, bacon!, coconut pudding (also on my blog), apple & almond butter, avocado, glass of whole milk, nuts & whip cream (helps to have some pre whipped cream).

www.karlmacphee.com

Hope this helps.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Pemmican is meant to be really healthy and you could live off of it. I'm going to try making a batch pretty soon. I'm going to have to a camp with my son for a couple days this summer and there's a slight chance that the menu won't be completely primal. I'm all about the IFing, but I'll definitively need some primal fuel for my body.

thanks kmacphee, i'll check out your blog. always looking for more primal sweets - i get tired of almond butter and greek yogurt all the time.
    i've read about pemmican on here, but am still not sure exactly what it is...?
    has anyone tried bumble bars? those are great, we can find them in the health food store and took them along camping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast