Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i need some new snack ideas page 2

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Do you eat cheese? BabyBel cheeses are my new answer to everything. They're yummy, they're portable, and they can survive outside a fridge for days.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Pemmican is a food that the Native American's made with meat to get it to last pretty much forever. In short it's dried meat mixed with equal parts tallow. It's meant to be nutritionally complete very very calorically dense and you could sustain on it forever. It sounds kind of like lembus bread from J.R.R. Tolkien's stories. Mark has written about it and made some himself.

GoodHealthyMe Guest
    Well I am new to this blog but I recently found a fabulous snack that is natural, vegan, and has great nutrition. It's a bar from Kardea Nutrition. They are chewy with bits of crunch from oats and nuts and fruit. My whole family is addicted to them! You can get them at some health food stores and a bunch of places online, including the website: www.kardeanutrition.com/bars/

ORBren is offline Senior Member
    My life savers (in my bag everytime I leave the house) include 1 HB egg, 1 string cheese, 1 -2 oz nuts and 1-2 oz grass fed jerky - all do fine with out refrigeration for a day. This combo has makes it unnecessary for me to forage any fast food places - I have forgotten a couple of times and it is distressing!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I like "stuffing" things.

Hollow out half a cucumber, stuff it with guacamole, top it off with a layer of crushed cashews to keep the avocado from turning brown.

Colored bell peppers. Cut in half and stuff with tuna salad.

Celery stuffed with nut butter.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodHealthyMe View Post
    Well I am new to this blog but I recently found a fabulous snack that is natural, vegan, and has great nutrition. It's a bar from Kardea Nutrition. They are chewy with bits of crunch from oats and nuts and fruit. My whole family is addicted to them! You can get them at some health food stores and a bunch of places online, including the website: www.kardeanutrition.com/bars/
    Wow, you're either a spammer or you REALLY don't get what the PB is about. Oats? Dried fruit? Might as well come on here advertising poison.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

BeachGrok is offline Member
    I would also add kimchi and pickled vegetables to the list.

Caveat: read your labels carefully or consider making your own. Some supermarket pickles have HFCS for example....

SRMnM is offline Member
    WOWWWEEEE there is a lot of really crappy (not PB at all!!) snacks mentioned in this thread that I wouldnt put near my body.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Wow, you're either a spammer or you REALLY don't get what the PB is about. Oats? Dried fruit? Might as well come on here advertising poison.
    Definitely a spammer. Both posts on this board are for that shitty product.

Spinner is offline Senior Member
    Snacks for me are hard boiled eggs, almonds (not a lot, and not all the time), veg with a 'ranch dip' sour cream, garlic, dill and finely chopped green onions. Chicken legs/thighs, leftovers. I need to poach some shrimp and add that to the list. Oh and pork rinds with guac. Again, once and a great while.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast