Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ate at Wendys last night. page 2

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by iconoclast79 View Post
    One should be doing the utmost to enhance the immune system if it might be mounting a challenge to a tough bug. Eating garbage should be the opposite course of action, no?
    Oh my god. Like a baked potato is going to destroy your immune system. *Giant eye roll* I've been eating a paleo diet for almost 3 years now. At first I was the typical hyper-vigilant newbie, at least until I realized that occasionally eating non-organic vegetables or consuming starch or non-grassfed meat was not going to kill me. In fact, I found that I started sleeping better and feeling better overall after I started allowing some healthy starches back in my diet. Yes, I eat some rice, potatoes and almond flour products -- and I feel better!!

Now, let me get back to my lunch of salmon salad ... made with ethically-fished wild salmon, paleo-fat-approved mayo, organic celery, and Red Boat fish sauce. And I'm gonna put it on GLUTEN FREE ALMOND NUT-THINS CRACKERS BWA HA HA!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    Oh my god. Like a baked potato is going to destroy your immune system. *Giant eye roll* I've been eating a paleo diet for almost 3 years now. At first I was the typical hyper-vigilant newbie, at least until I realized that occasionally eating non-organic vegetables or consuming starch or non-grassfed meat was not going to kill me. In fact, I found that I started sleeping better and feeling better overall after I started allowing some healthy starches back in my diet. Yes, I eat some rice, potatoes and almond flour products -- and I feel better!!

Now, let me get back to my lunch of salmon salad ... made with ethically-fished wild salmon, paleo-fat-approved mayo, organic celery, and Red Boat fish sauce. And I'm gonna put it on GLUTEN FREE ALMOND NUT-THINS CRACKERS BWA HA HA!
    Um, try going back and actually reading the OP. They were not on an anti-carb or anti-potato rant. This was about emotional eating. They had a psychological stressor and reacted by eating fast food (which I don't think even you would argue is a really healthy thing).

Nobody is going to take away your crackers. Calm down.

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Um, try going back and actually reading the OP. They were not on an anti-carb or anti-potato rant. This was about emotional eating. They had a psychological stressor and reacted by eating fast food (which I don't think even you would argue is a really healthy thing).

Nobody is going to take away your crackers. Calm down.
    I obviously wasn't responding to the OP. I quoted one of the people who overreacted by suggesting that OP eating Wendy's ONE TIME would actually make a difference in how his/her immune system would be able to handle the exposure to TB. I mean, really?? I absolutely believe in the power of good nutrition, but that is just carrying it too far.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    I obviously wasn't responding to the OP. I quoted one of the people who overreacted by suggesting that OP eating Wendy's ONE TIME would actually make a difference in how his/her immune system would be able to handle the exposure to TB. I mean, really?? I absolutely believe in the power of good nutrition, but that is just carrying it too far.
    If you are referring to this post,
    One should be doing the utmost to enhance the immune system if it might be mounting a challenge to a tough bug. Eating garbage should be the opposite course of action, no?
    That is also not saying that a potato is going to do irreparable damage. It is saying that junk food in general is not good for optimizing immune health. Again, calm down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12