Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Healthy Ice Cream out there? page 4

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My fav go-to ice cream is frozen banana chunks, coconut milk, cacao powder, and pineapple in the blender. If I don't have frozen bananas use fresh, and add ice or frozen blueberries. It makes the creamiest possible ice cream. You can add soaked dates for extra sweetness if needed (which it usually isn't).
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    Honey has 82g of sugar per 100g, and is healthy. I don't understand.
    Sad how misinformed some people are
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    My fav go-to ice cream is frozen banana chunks, coconut milk, cacao powder, and pineapple in the blender. If I don't have frozen bananas use fresh, and add ice or frozen blueberries. It makes the creamiest possible ice cream. You can add soaked dates for extra sweetness if needed (which it usually isn't).
    Little Vase, after all this talk, I made the cocoa ice pops. I didn't add the can of pineapple but I think I should have. Or strawberries or a banana. They are good but I think it needs something besides coconut milk and cocoa.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I eat Haagen-Dazs like four times a week. Unless you're unable to control your portions (I have a scoop, which is about a quarter cup, for dessert most nights), ice cream is no big deal. And HD is just whole milk, eggs, and sugar, nothing bad in there.

People are so sugar-phobic it's insane. If you're on a total sugar detox or a Whole30 or something, sure. But if you're already living a stable Primal eating/exercising life, there is just no reason to be afraid of a scoop of ice cream (provided it doesn't have HFCS, additives, and stabilizers, but I've never had trouble finding "clean" ice cream).

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Little Vase, after all this talk, I made the cocoa ice pops. I didn't add the can of pineapple but I think I should have. Or strawberries or a banana. They are good but I think it needs something besides coconut milk and cocoa.
    But even the failures are pretty darn good, right?!

I think pineapple (or the juice of an orange) adds that acidic profile (can you tell I watch Chopped?) that just gives that little extra sumthin sumthin it's the citrus element, kind of like adding a squeeze of lemon to something savory. It just takes it to a whole other level. I tried your popsicles last night and they're fantastic! I poured mine into an ice cube tray and put sticks in it to make tiny pops. It's so hot and a bit of something sweet and icy really hits the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    People are so sugar-phobic it's insane.
    Yeah. I make my own ice cream but am going to be on the lookout for a few of the "clean" ones mentioned here. I would love to try that coconut milk brand, a friend of mine keeps going on about how amazing it is. I'd like to have some ice cream in the freezer for my husband, who loves sweet treats after dinner. Me, I'm still trying to lose weight so it's something to avoid. For now.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    But even the failures are pretty darn good, right?!

I think pineapple (or the juice of an orange) adds that acidic profile (can you tell I watch Chopped?) that just gives that little extra sumthin sumthin it's the citrus element, kind of like adding a squeeze of lemon to something savory. It just takes it to a whole other level. I tried your popsicles last night and they're fantastic! I poured mine into an ice cube tray and put sticks in it to make tiny pops. It's so hot and a bit of something sweet and icy really hits the spot.
    You know..yes, they are pretty good but just missing the mark. Hot days ahead so they won't be around long. Just for fun, do a search on Amazon for star popcicle molds. So fun. I share with my daughter (you should see me driving across town before they melt) so I bought two of them. LOVE watching chopped.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

quikky is online now Senior Member
    You guys should try pomegranate frozen kefir. I tried this from Whole Foods the other week - it's awesome.

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    healthy is probably not the best term! emotive and open to personal interpretation.
    what she said.....
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    No sugar added usually has sugar alcohols, which give me serious gas......
    this might be the best sweetener for uou
    About.com: http://www6.netrition.com/sensato_erythritol.html
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast