Thread: Slightly light headed page

adam204 is offline Member

Slightly light headed

Shop Now
    Hi all,
    Ive been PB for 5 weeks now and in the last week or so have felt a little light headed when I stand up after sitting or lying down. It clears after a couple of seconds. I've read on here that low carb can lead to this and low blood pressure, so I have upped my veggies a bit and salt intake. Its not made much difference. Today I also started the basic primal essential movements as in Marks book and found that I felt a little light headed after doing them. I thought that with an elevated heart rate it wouldn't happen. Also I feel ever so slightly fatigied in my muscles on a daily basis, a bit like the feeling just after a gym session or long run. I'm not unfit, and ran a half marathon last year. I walk alot and am on my feet all day in work and occasionally lift awkward heavy objects as part of my job. We are having an unusually hot couple of weeks here in the UK, and maybe this is affecting me. I still eat dairy, a fair bit of cheese but full fat where I can.
    Any ideas? I can't imagine Grok having a wooly head!!......
    Adam.
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    If you post what you eat on a typical day people can probably give you some feedback. You may be undereating.

Also, when people go "healthy" sometimes they start sucking down weird quantities of water that no amount of salt can make up for, so make sure you are not doing that.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Ok yesterday I ate

Breakfast,
    4 rashers bacon with some cheese on top, cooked with bit of coconut oil

Lunch,
    Two chicken breasts with some salad. Salad comprised of lettuce, red onion, tomato and cucumber.

Evening meal,
    Mackrel fillet with roasted veggies comprising carrots, sweet potato, aubergine, broccoli, onion, peppers and parsnips. Veggied were smothered in a generous amount of coconut oil. Followed by an apple as I. Fancied something sweet.

To drink throughout the day I had about 2 cups of coffee with full fat milk, about 1.5 litres of bottled water.

Probably easily 80 to 100 grams of veg in total. I am trying to loose weight which is why im not rating more veg and fruit.

F.Fellini is offline Member
    This is probably yet another case of going low-carb when it doesn't actually suit your needs. Countless people (myself included) have done this after reading Mark's stuff when it really wasn't a good idea.

Try a high-carb, lower fat diet with carbs coming from fruit, tubers, squashes, rice, and honey/maple syrup/molasses. See if that makes you feel better. If it doesn't, at least you tried it. You can always re-adjust later. Also make sure you get enough sodium and potassium in your diet, but that's really easy to do if you eat a lot of fruit, salted tubers, and salted meat.

You can still lose weight on high-carb even if you're sedentary; Mark really, really does not emphasize this point enough. No reason to feel like crap when you don't need to.

So wild rounding (rounded to 100, so that's 400 for the bacon, etc.) that is less calories than a sedentary female should eat and only slightly more than WHO starvation level... and you are a male who is working out.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Yeah that doesn't sound like much food at all. Unless you're using a ton of coconut oil, you're under eating.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Thankyou for your replies. I do add quite a bit of coconut oil and olive oil to my food. But I find that im just not that hungry anymore. All the meals I eat I feel full or even a little bloated afterwards. Last week I had paleo pancakes for breakfast from a recipe in Robb Wolffs book. Ingredients, 3 eggs, 135grams of apple sauce, 85grams of almond butter, teaspoon cinnamon and little vanilla extract. I had maple syrup and lemon juice with them. Thats all I ate all day. And I felt ok. The odd hunger pang but nothing compared to the hunger I had when on a grain diet. All I had during the day was water here and there. I know this wont help my head but its just how the day panned out.

Higher carbs will increase your hunger- potatoes, sweet potatoes etc. and you can take better advantage of the hunger you do have. Why would anyone willingly eat chicken breast? ;-) STEAK!

Its all that was available at the time. And um waiting for a pay rise to spend extra on grass fed beef!

dillpgw is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah that doesn't sound like much food at all.