Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cellulite! page

sarahz is offline Senior Member

Cool Cellulite!

Primal Fuel
    I wanted to know out of the women who are on the primal blueprint, or for the men whose wives are, if you had a cellulite problem before starting being primal has it improved or cleared up since being primal? Whilst I am not fat I do carry most of my fat on my legs and no amount of exercise or dieting has yet cleared up my cellulite. I am one of those women who is slim but still carries cellulite on my legs, in fact the top half of me has no fat, neither does my back but my thighs and butt do! Just curious.

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    I am curious on this too. I always loose all my weight above my waist first, and even if I am at 16% body fat, its almost entirely composed in my thighs and bum and the cellulite issue never goes away. I am going to try and take things down further, but curious if there will be much effect on the problem area.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    I am 24 and had minor cellulite starting to form on the backs of my legs. I read alot about it online, and i kept reading that cellulite is when the fat becomes sort of entrained in the muscle tissue, and is basically impossible to get rid of, no matter what you do. well......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA because it simply faded away once I changed to this eating style.

I have been a runner since i was 15. I trained hard for a long time, and even though my diet included grains and more sugars that it does now, I have never eaten a massively unhealthy diet, yet I was still starting to see cellulite form. It was a major bummer esp. when I was reading that I might be stuck with it "no matter what".

I will say it was the last thing to go. As females, I think we tend to hold on to the fat around our legs and thighs more, but I've only been eating primally for a couple of months (and still run, but only 2x per week, at very low intensity. I also do some squats, lunges, and work with resistance bands on my legs too, so I believe this coupled with the eating style has made for a potent anti-cellulite regimine!) and its all dissapeared. good luck!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I am a guy who loses extremity fat first, belly last, I had some definite butt / back of leg cellulite starting up but that was the first thing to go for me when I started to get serious about PB. Well, that and my indigestion, insomnia, foggy brain, lack of energy, and bad skin!

StillWild is offline Member

Cool

I've been doing PB for about a month now and I have noticed the cellulite is at least not as bad and seems to be leaving in some areas like the back of the thigh. I was so self-conscious of it I would wear jeans even on a 90 degree day...goodbye jeans! hellooo shorts! I started this at the beginning of May and so far I've lost 10 pounds (starting weight was 185, I'm 5'7"). Combine that with sleeping MUCH better, better moods, not starving all the time, and generally feeling great, there's no way I'm stopping now!

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Well, God I hope so. The only real weight I have in my body other than my stomach is my inner thighs. No saddlebags, just my inner and back of my thigh. It would be nice to get rid of the cellulite, though the only time I have ever seen it mostly gone was when I did my first year of summer training in Karate. We ran, sprinted, squatted, kicked 2 hours/4 days a weeks, 5 on Saturday. Hopefully I won't need to go to that extreme since I've gone primal lol
    Calm the f**k down.

Mike Alzen is offline Senior Member
    primal + squats, lunges, and deads.

I have no basis for that except for all the crossfit girls having no cellulite, and fantastic.....posterior chains.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Alzen View Post
    I have no basis for that except for all the crossfit girls having no cellulite, and fantastic.....posterior chains.
    Posterior chains? o,O?
    Calm the f**k down.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    I have always been a fan of lunges and squats.....they do make your posterior chain (ha) look perky and tight! But, before I was primal , i had to do them religiously and for a loooooong time to see good results, and the results were not even that great (hence the ever-present cellulite problem)

I really feel its the retraining of the body to burn fats at rest all day that makes the extra, stubborn fat go away. I have literally starved myself (did15 day master cleanse) and that weight still didnt budge (although my arms and upper body were emaciated). But since going primal, I have gone whole weeks without doing a single lunge or squat, and the weight kept coming off, and the cellulite dissapeared. I have no doubt its the eating style that is responsible for 85-95% of body composition improvements.

I stilll do squats and lunges, just with heavier weights and less reps. I actually get better results this way, more firmness and better muscle definition.

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for you help. I do train my legs hard at the gym doing all sorts of various lunges, squats and deadlifts and I think that is why I am getting fed up and burnt out of just working at it so hard and not getting results. I have been doing this for over 15 years and still have no muscle definition in my legs or butt for heavens sake. I did go primal about 8 weeks ago for 4 weeks and felt fantastic and then I just went back to CW, although I have to say the only grains I have in my diet is oatmeal for brekkie so my other meals are quite primal but I think they were just lean meals not fat meals, so its a very interesting topic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast