Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Nick Ball page

NickBall is offline Member

Primal Journal Nick Ball

Shop Now
    Hello to everyone, or more properly, hello to me as I'm sure I will be the only one reading this. Today is July 15th, 2013 and I'm just finishing day three of my very low carb-low calorie-leaning out program. My wife and her friend wanted to do the HCG diet. I told them I would join in for the mental challenge. I'm not sure how long I will last eating this way but I suspect it won't be much past two weeks as I'm headed to Yellowstone in two weeks and do not want to spend my vacation suffering for lack of food. Day three was rough, I've been very strict with the diet save one extra helping of low-fat protein. Worst case scenario I lose a few pounds and learn how to live on a restricted calorie diet. I've lost 60lbs following the Primal Blueprint without cutting my calories too much. When you eat out three times a day at places like Carl's Jr. and McDonalds switching to homemade Primal meals melts the weight right off. I haven't had to suffer too much plus I've been so satisfied with the results I've never been too concerned with indulging in yummy foods like MM's, pizza, cookies, and ice cream. But 2.5 years down this path and I need to have a better body. I want to see a full set of abs and I want them as soon as possible. I've signed up with MovNat to attend a 2-day workshop in SLC, UT. This is my goal. I want to be fitter, thinner, and in better overall shape by the time that workshop is here. I've got three months to get my sh!t together. I don't want to be embarassed. I plan to use this blog to track my progress and set some daily goals. I currently weight 199lbs with a 37.25 inch waist. I'm 6'2" so this isn't too bad but I still have a spare tire. Here we go!
    Primal Since September 2010
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb
    Goal Weight = Whatever weight I am when I can do 30 pull ups without taking a break...

Once the HCG experiment is over I will eat bacon wrapped dates, eggs, grass fed beef dipped in greek style yogurt with coffee and cream. More than the sugar I miss the fat. Good night, I'll set some goals tomorrow morning when I get to work.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb
    Goal Weight = Whatever weight I am when I can do 30 pull ups without taking a break...

Today I weighed in at 197lbs. Waist is now 37 inches. Despite my restless sleep I feel pretty good. Today my goals are simple; eat the food according to the plan and nothing more. This means I will have 3oz of chicken breast (the least of all meats....bleech) 2 cups of lettuce, and four strawberries for lunch. For dinner I will have 3oz of broiled turkey breast (one small step up the meat ladder), some steamed green beans (starting to come in season in my neck of the woods, these should be good), and an apple. I'm also allowed one piece of Melba Toast...not sure what I will do with this. I might replace the Melba Toast with some fruit. I'll check back in tonight before bed...have a great day at work, Nick!
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

Not eating is torture physcologically. I haven't felt too hungry. Right before both dinner and lunch my stomach has been growling but all day long I've thought of nothing but food. It doesn't help that my workstation is beside the lunchroom in our office building. Smelling good tasting "office" food is driving me crazy. A group of people just came back from a run to the the burger joint on the corner. To make matters worse the gentleman behind me has a giant pile of MM's on his desk, slowly eating them through the day...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I will be done by Friday.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

I am done with HCG. My starting weight was 203. My ending weight this morning was 197. My waist circumference is 36.75". When I decided last night to be finished with this crazy experiement I did so in a processed food flurry! Nothing but lucky charms, nila wafers, and white bread all washed down with my true love in life...Dr. Pepper. It will be nice to go back to the gym for lunch and lift some weights. My post workout meal will be 1/4 grass feed beef mini meatloaf stuffed with a hardboiled egg, some protein powder and water, an orange, and some cherries. Tonight for dinner eggs, homemade fermented salsa, and aged cheddar cheese. I will also go on a long walk with my wife and kids. This is a way better life than starving...I'll take slower progress and better living any day!

I can do 15 pullups (with kiping) without taking a break...half-way to my goal. I also set a goal to squat 185lbs by the end of the year. The last time at the gym I did 155lbs. I am getting there!
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

Great workout earlier today...lifting heavy things, going for a long walk with my wife later tonight. I really enjoy my life with food.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

My posted goals are just fluff...I really want great abs, that is it. That is the reason I'm doing anything related to health, food, and fitness...maybe some day I will mature, but right now if I have great abs it would mean so much to me. More on this later. 198 lbs 37 in wasit...ate a bunch of junk today, yay!
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

199 lbs did not measure my waist this morning. I went for a 1.5 hour long walk yesterday at what seemed to be the hottest part of the day. The temperatures were near 100 degrees Farenheit. I am fair skinned with red hair so I had to make sure I was really covered up well. I hate using sunscreen. My Dad slathered that stuff on his entire life and just recently died of melanoma. He spent hours and hours in the sun constantly reapplying sunscreen. He was also the victim of low-fat high carb meals that he used to feed a very active life. For my walk it was shorts to the knees, a hat, and a long-sleeved cotton shirt. I did apply sunscreen to my neck and face because I don't have a broad-rimmed hat. The walk was great. It cured the sore back I had been dealing with for a couple of days (I do not recommend playing basketball in your vibrams...I just couldn't resist the invite to play a pick-up game). The walk also seemed to reconnect me to my environment just a little bit. It also reminded me how much I love water. I took none with me and by the time I got back home all I wanted to do was drink a tall glass of ice water. It tasted so, so, so, so, good. Nothing is as refreshing as water when you really need a drink. Tonight my wife and I will head to the gym for some weight lifting. For food today I'm just going to have coffee and butter while at work, I didn't pack a primal lunch. When I get home I'll whip up some eggs and have an apple before I go to the gym. I really want those abs. I will post my workout tonight when I get back.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

Tried Mark's suggestion for egg yolks in coffee...I didn't like it. I think I'll go back to my usual coffee with butter. I'm currently at 198lbs. I haven't measured by waist in a few days but I'd imagine it is around 37 inches based on what I've been eating. Today I've been Primal and plan to remain so. I've got a chocolate whey protein, four raw eggs, and some water plus a banana for my post work out shake. This is great, I love it. I've got a 1/4 pound grass fed hamburger with an egg sunny-side up with some sauerkraut on deck for dinner. I skipped breakfast today. I've had 1/2 tablespoon of butter with my coffee and will probably have another. My workout today will be three half-mile runs under 4 minutes each with a full recovery in between.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

PrimalCon New York
    So a quick update. A week ago I injured my back being fat. I sit down for a living which as all readers of MDA know is horrible for your back. I also went on vacation with my wife's family who just love to feed me. Anyway I ended up eating a bunch of SAD junk and gaining 10 lbs in just over a week. I can't wait to work off the extra weight. I can't believe how badly I sleep and move when carrying the extra weight. I've committed to strict primal for 10 days to work off the extra weight. After 10 days of strict primal living it will be a course of carb backloading on lifting days. I will be following the 5X5 weight training method. After doing this for a couple of months I should be stronger with less fat. On my "off" days I will be in the gym shooting baskets and running to prepare for the upcoming basketball season starting in September. Can't wait. Tonight's goals; go to bed without carbing out. Just three more hours to go. Today I've had a handful of nuts, two cups of bulletproof coffee, tea with coconut oil and four eggs. I will probably have a couple of more eggs before bed. I just can't eat too much. Tomorrow morning I will post some additional goals. Weight (205.8) in the morning. Waist = ??? Weight 203 at 7 PM. I should have the water weight off by Sunday morning.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast