Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal Nick Ball page 2

NickBall is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    This morning I weighed in at 200.4 lbs. I hope to be down to 199 lbs. tonight. I think at this weight all of the excess water I added to help with food based inflammation will be gone. Today I'm placing the following goals on myself; eat eggs for breakfast, don't drink soda, eat nuts as snacks, and have a good dinner. I'll be working with my brother on restoring the beast so the temptation to eat junk food will be very high. I can do this!
    Primal Since September 2010
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb
    Goal Weight = Whatever weight I am when I can do 30 pull ups without taking a break...

Down to 200.00 this morning...I was at 198 before my trip to California. While travelling I find it hard to stay primal. As a result I ended up eating a ton of junk food. Today nothing for breakfast, not really hungry. Instead I had two small cups of coffee with two egg yolks each. Not my favorite but out of butter. This has kept me going despite a terrible lack of sleep. I will go to bed at a proper time tonight. I need some sleep.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb
    Goal Weight = Whatever weight I am when I can do 30 pull ups without taking a break...

Good day so far. Breakfast was at around 10:00 AM. Cup of coffee with cream and a little sugar. Two cups of my homemade cabbage salad (primal mayo, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, chopped celery, chopped pickles, chopped green onion, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika) and a cup or so of cherries. For lunch a protein shake (two scoops of chocolate flavored whey, filtered water, and three raw eggs). I'm planning on going to the gym to lift with my wife tonight so prior to lunch I just did a quick 14 pull ups, went for a 10 minute walk, and then did some strength training on my forearms and grip. I usually start to fade with my grip before my back burns out on pull-ups so I've been trying to work on this. Goals for tonight = Go to gym to lift with wife, have a cup of coffee before I leave from work, and eat the sausage stir-fry and a post workout banana I've got planned (italian sausage, peppers, onions, garlic, marinated artichoke hearts, all fried in coconut oil and dressed with butter). I don't need anything else, this will be fine. Weight = 199. I also got 9 hours of sleep last night so I feel pretty darn good.
    Last edited by NickBall; 08-07-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Omission
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

Great night yesterday...I might have had some Dr. Pepper and half a box of Mike and Ikes, combined with a tortilla and some Nilla Wafers but it was worth it. I went to the gym for day one of the 5X5 strength training routine, jogged for a mile, and then played two great games of pick up basketball. Our teams won both games despite a real baller on the other team. My wife told me (she knows his wife) that he played at a Division I school somewhere back east. I had the task of gaurding this brute. It was the first time somebody deferred to my quickness rather than me to theirs. I'm 6'2" and now 198 lbs. I've never thought of myself as quick but after two plus years of primal eating, some sprinting, and some lifting I'm faster and quicker than I've ever been. I played point guard for our teams and just took this guy to task on every play. Out of about 30 shots against him he blocked only one. This is saying something since he was probably 6'7" or 6'8" with long arms and some serious skills. He just wasn't quick enough to defend me. It was a great night.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

Breakfast was four scrambled eggs and a small glass of orange juice, coffee with cream and a little sugar. No lunch today. Big Ass Salads on the menu for dinner tonight. I will top them with bacon, hard boiled eggs and some left of chicken. Goas for today are to simply not eat junk before dinner. Relax, stretch, and get some sleep.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

Good night so far. Very primal big salad with eggs, bacon, chicken, and a little cheese. Very good and very filling. It is almost time for bed. I do believe I will make it with out eating any garbage. Tomorrow will wake up, get ready, go to work, have some coffee, get some work done and then it is on to the gym. I can't wait to lift some heavy things. I feel so much in tune with the earth when I eat properly. I think I'll try to squeeze an early morning walk at the lake.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

Had a bowl of cereal and some teddy grahams last night before bed. I have a nasty habit of eating junk while I watch late night TV...oh well. It led to a nice sugar induced coma. I slept great, so great in fact I missed my alarm and made it into work a little bit late. I will probably take a quick walk to the lake in an hour or so. I have until 08/16/2013 to be a strict primal as I can be. I started my "strict" primal eating on 08/03/2013 and have had three episodes of junk food eating. I want to finish strong. I've got a trip to the farm tomorrow morning to restock on some beef. I've also got plans to make pate and bone broth over the weekend. 199 lbs.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

Had to put the pate and broth plans off by a day. Too much fun in the sun to be had. My son and I spent the afternoon at the local waterpark. Lots of fun, great primal exercise....three hours of low intensity work sprinkled into some really fun playtime. 199 lbs this morning. I seem to have stabilized at around this weight. Body fat percentage dropped by 1% since I started a couple of weeks ago...I'm happy about that. Hopefully I can keep this up.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

Rode my bike to work today...first time in several years. It was 7 miles and took me about 30 minutes. The bike is my Dad's old commuter bike that he left to me when he died last month. It was a fun way to connect to him. I didn't have all the gears figured out before I started out so I spent most of the ride wondering if I could get the thing to go faster. About 1/2 mile from work I realized there was another gear...and boy did I destroy that last 1/2 mile. I ate like a pig at the family gathering last night so I'm taking it easy on my gut, plus I feel like I'm getting a cold. I had 3.5 oz of the beef of the sea (sardines) and a couple of bananas along with two cups of coffee. If I can convince my wife to take it easy on me tonight I might just go to bed at around 6:00 PM or so. We shall see...I weigh 199 lbs.
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As my last post hinted at I did in fact have a cold. Today is the first day I've felt cold symptom free since Monday. A cold that lasts only four days is great cold. The only cold better is the one you don't get. I weigh 196 on a full stomach in the middle of the day. I bet by tomorrow morning I will be in the 195 range. I'm only 5-6 lbs away from my goal playing weight for basketball. The league starts in about four weeks so it looks I will be just fine. I've been playing hard basketball once a week for a couple of weeks now. I forgot how much I love Bball. Tore the nets up both times. I've also spent a lot of time at the gym working in my outside game. I will shoot Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of next week. I will lift Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday of next week. I will also play hard on Wednesday. I'm also planning on riding my bike to work on both Monday and Thursday. Should be a fun action packed week...can't wait!
    Beginning Weight = 250lb
    Current Weight = 197lb

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast