Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Multivitamin page 5

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    i said BALLPARK IDEA, did i not?
    I can tell you that you're in the "ballpark" if you don't have any obvious deficiency symptoms. If you're happy with that, then keep on keeping on.

am not going to get into a google-war with you and we can both find plenty of links proving our points, so whatevs. keep spending money on pills and peeing most of it down the toilet.

i do hope that's the wost of it for you.
    Uhm, okay...

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    lmao, so you're willing to disbelieve the "facts" about fat and red meat but think the assurances from the mega-vitamin peeps are without guile? jeebus.

dissonance, much?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

quikky is offline Senior Member
    lmao, so you're willing to disbelieve the "facts" about fat and red meat but think the assurances from the mega-vitamin peeps are without guile? jeebus.

dissonance, much?
    What are the "assurances from the mega-vitamin peeps"?

John Watson is offline Member
    If multivitamins and supplements are a waste of money and are being flushed down the toilet; why are they being sold on this site??

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    If multivitamins and supplements are a waste of money and are being flushed down the toilet; why are they being sold on this site??
    To make teh money so we can keep arguing for free.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Come on now!! Mark and company wouldn't do that to us!!!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Many deficiencies do not manifest themselves with clear health problems. A deficiency might make you more tired, or give you more cavities, or cause some joint aches, or make you sleep worse, etc. Being deficient in something can feel like part of life. This is the argument of adequate vs. optimal.

Also, overdosing on micronutrients from multivitamins is incredibly difficult. From the studies I have seen, you would have to deliberately take a ton of pills to actually start overdosing.
    Exactly. A ton of pills is not the same thing as a ton of liver. Your body can process extra nutrients in their natural form but not as an extracted element.

lmao, so you're willing to disbelieve the "facts" about fat and red meat but think the assurances from the mega-vitamin peeps are without guile? jeebus. dissonance, much?
    I have always found this funny. This eagerness to disbelieve "Big Pharma" but the meek opening of the mind and wallet for Big Vita, the gazillion dollar a year supplement industry.

Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    I respect Mark for his candidness that the majority of his income comes from selling supplements and also for his candor in the latest AHS where when directly asked the question of if a person need supplements on the primal diet he answered, "No."

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you to everyone who replied.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345