Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hack my leg pain? page 2

LBee is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't want to alarm you but I do think you should get checked for a DVT. It could be so many things but it is pretty spot-on to my DVT (and then PE) experience. Whatever it is, hopefully a doctor can help moreso than we can.
    Make sure they run a D-dimer as well as an ultrasound if that's the route they go. Like I said, my pain was in the same place yours was and they missed the clot on the first ultrasound b/c it wasn't in the "usual" vein. Only after my elevated D-dimer did they decide to look again. I'm not saying any of this to scare you...just trying to give you some info.
    Best of luck, I hope it feels better soon!

tiramisu. is offline Junior Member
    May I ask how long you waited before you actually got it checked out? And how long until your symptoms appeared before you experienced PE?

I'm going on about 6 weeks now.

I was on my honeymoon when my leg started to hurt, I chalked it up to all of the walking on cobblestone streets and tried to ignore it. After a week of being home it still hurt so I saw my doc. who sent me to the ER. At that point it was about 3 weeks, it didn't embolize until after starting blood thinners so, 4 weeks maybe. The pain of the clot lasted a long time though, I think it "hurt" for at least 9 months and then it moved into the "weird/ uncomfortable/tight/lump feeling for another 9 months or so.

Thank you for the info!

Update:

As of this morning I have calf pain in the upper back part of my calf. I had some stiffness yesterday to the point I had to bend my knee a little to walk. But today I can straighten out my leg. It doesn't hurt to walk per say, it just hurts when the upper part of my calf is used particularly when I lift the heal of my foot off the ground. Bearing my weight on it doesn't bring on pain.

Problem is I can't walk up the stairs by raising my back foot/leg. If I swing it over sideways it's fine. Just contracting the back muscle makes it hurt.

There's tenderness now on the back upper muscle. The tenderness on the right side part of the calf subsided a bit. I feel as though my calf was very swollen yesterday but today is significantly smaller.

When I'm laying in bed, I cannot kick my leg back or move it by using that upper calf muscle. When I'm standing I cannot lift my lower leg (from the knee down) in a motion as if I'm kicking my butt. I just can't physically force myself to do it. It won't go past maybe a foot. I get pain in that upper calf muscle area and perhaps a bit in the crease of my knee. Although sitting in a chair does not bring any pain or anything. Just mild discomfort after the pain jabs.

My leg press prior to these new symptoms is 190lbs. Sooooooo maybe this bit of information is useful.

Get yourself to a doctor. Better safe than sorry, know what I mean?

Update:

I ended up going to a doctor. She advised me it's least likely to be a DVT and that it's most likely associated with the calf muscle. Specifically that it probably shrunk a little due to poor stretching technique after heavy leg lifts.

I haven't done any lower body workouts since my last few updates when my leg issue was at its worse. I only get mild flare ups now if I over-strain my calf muscle, but it goes away after a few hours.

So I'm relieved. I have a referral to a physical therapist which I'll go see to make sure I stretch properly and my muscle recovers completely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12