Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any one else try the new Paleo Wraps? page

mountainsara is offline Junior Member

Any one else try the new Paleo Wraps?

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I did something that some may think is pretty silly, that is, I actually ordered the new Paleo Wraps from Julian Bakery, even though I have tried the Paleo Bread, and that was beyond awful, I threw out the loaf I ordered because it was inedible, and even after reading all the bad press about Julian Bakery. I don't know why I wanted to try the wraps after all that exactly, but, I did.....and I liked them. Just wondering if anyone else has tried them and agrees. Yes they are expensive, and yes why not just wrap things with lettuce, but I guess I got tired of lettuce wraps, and these actually do wraps your food without breaking, and they actaully taste good! They are really thin, but then that's actually kind of nice because then you don't get a big calorie hit from them either.

Anyway just curious to see if anyone had tried them too.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry, but I have to laugh every time someone mentions Paleo bread or wraps or supplements or whatever. Just seems like such an oxymoron to me.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

mountainsara is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, it is an oxymoron, just saying I get tired of wrapping stuff with lettuce, and this way maybe I can actually look forward to having tacos with my family.

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainsara View Post
    Yeah, it is an oxymoron, just saying I get tired of wrapping stuff with lettuce, and this way maybe I can actually look forward to having tacos with my family.
    No I understand, I wasn't trying to poke fun at you or anything. I don't see why they would be a problem, although I've never tried them myself.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    It really depends on the ingredients. There is also a coconut wrap approved by Whole 9 (stricter than PB) that I heard works well. I tire of lettuce wrapped stuff too.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    I tried both kinds of "paleo bread" and had the worst IBS flare up of my life! I'm guessing it's al the egg white and the psyllium they use. Just a warning for anyone with digestive issues.

L0kI is offline Senior Member
    Psyllium is Paleo? Who knew...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghanner View Post
    I tried both kinds of "paleo bread" and had the worst IBS flare up of my life! I'm guessing it's al the egg white and the psyllium they use. Just a warning for anyone with digestive issues.
    Is there any psyllium in the wraps? I can't believe people intentionally take that stuff to try to *cure* digestive issues. Blerg.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Get an organic corn tortilla if you absolutely have to wrap something. Don't support companies that market faileo foods, as it waters down the message.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Is there any psyllium in the wraps? I can't believe people intentionally take that stuff to try to *cure* digestive issues. Blerg.
    But... but... Metamucil says it's healthy.

Blerg is a fun word. heh
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast