Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Any one else try the new Paleo Wraps? page 6

mountainsara is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just to reiterate to everyone, since I'm the one who started this thread, I too tried the paleo bread and was truly disgusted with it, and then I also read the bad press about Julian and said the same thing to myself, that I wouldn't ever give them business again, but then when I saw the wraps advertised I was just really in a "missing tortillas" mood so I gave them a try anyway. I think if this other company started selling them again I would try them as well. At the moment though I am happy with the Julian ones. I have tried them with regular burritos, breakfast burritos, and with a sandwhich wrap with meat, cheese and avocado and I was happy with all of these uses. With the burritos I do fry them for a few seconds and add a little salt. FWIW

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I've heard they taste miserable!

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by exotec View Post
    I don't know what "Paleo Wraps" are... but if you mean coconut wraps, then YES!!!! I was buying them from another maker (Pure Wraps, or some such...) but I understand they're in some sort of patent dispute at the moment, and the only source I could find was Julian. I made the horrific mistake of also trying some of their bread - never again! But insofar as the coco wraps, they're awesome. At least the ones I was using. The ones I just got from Julian are only coconut meat and water; the others also had Himalayan salt. The previous brand comes in regular or curry. The original are slightly yellowish, or tan... and the Julian version is very white. I'm not sure if this is good or bad!

The wraps are great, tho. They're very thin - like a wonton wrapper. But they're sturdy, and I've used them for cold wraps and hot ones as well. I've also put a bunch of berries-n-cream in some and they made a delectable dessert wrap. They don't taste coconutty to me, although I can catch a little whiff in the package if I try.

If you can find any, definitely try them! They're my staple sandwich go-to

=^..^=

and CiKi90 - yes, I made some Oopsies last week for the first time. They were pretty good... but I have to work on technique a bit. I folded the yolk into the white, which made it fall some. Very flat Oopsies! Still good and useable, though. I read a comment from another person on a recipe site somewhere that s/he uses Whoopie pan tins to make them in. They come out looking exactly like fast-food hamburger buns. I'm going to try that! The variations people list for Oopsies sound great. I'm totally carried away!

Ditto. They poached the idea from Pure Wraps.

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    I found these wraps this weekend at Whole Foods in the Freezer section with other "bread" items. They were about $10.99 for a pack of 7,but I bought some anyway. I like them quite a lot and they are very good fried in ghee. They are very sturdy and do not fall apart unless you get them too crispy. I hope these companies get the issues worked out soon so they can possibly get the price down. This item will make my life just a little more easy for food on the go.

Yes!! I know!! They do taste good and they are sturdy! I was wondering when someone else would agree. Before I went Paleo tacos/Mexican was my fav food, and although I love being Paleo and it has done great things for me, I was really mourning my tacos with an actual shell or tortilla. These wraps have completely cemented my resolve to remain Paleo, since getting over the loss of my tacos was really my last hurdle. And I really truly don't work for Julian or anything, and their bread is really really awful, and I would be happy to try the other wraps from the other company when they get their issues worked out, but mostly I just wanted to share my taco happiness! wow though 10.99 is really expensive. I'm thinking of doing their online bulk deal that they have right now, $49.00 for 49 wraps, but still shipping brings the price up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainsara View Post
    Yes!! I know!! They do taste good and they are sturdy! I was wondering when someone else would agree. Before I went Paleo tacos/Mexican was my fav food, and although I love being Paleo and it has done great things for me, I was really mourning my tacos with an actual shell or tortilla. These wraps have completely cemented my resolve to remain Paleo, since getting over the loss of my tacos was really my last hurdle. And I really truly don't work for Julian or anything, and their bread is really really awful, and I would be happy to try the other wraps from the other company when they get their issues worked out, but mostly I just wanted to share my taco happiness! wow though 10.99 is really expensive. I'm thinking of doing their online bulk deal that they have right now, $49.00 for 49 wraps, but still shipping brings the price up a bit.
    And I thank you for that! Also, thanks to Paleobird for posting the link to the bulk pack. I could not find it on the website.

The shipping does bring the cost up a bit, but there is a coupon right now on their Facebook page so it brought the price down a little. I really don't understand why they have to do two day shipping with the Paleo Wraps though. They would do just fine through USPS priority mail. I ordered the bulk pack before I found these at WF because I knew I would like them. The price they have on them is absurd though. I just got them in order to hold me over until the bulk pack gets here.

I made Tacos, which I have really missed (got tired of the taco salad in the bowl thing) and a BLT. Both were pure bliss.

Paleobird Guest
    Yes, having been raised here right on the Mexican border, the thought of never again having a taco is tough to face.
    Paleo wrap quesodillas are blissful as well.

[B]Paleo wrap quesodillas are blissful as well.

Oooo, that sounds good!
    [/B]
    Ok, so I don't quite have the "reply with quote" thing down yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes, having been raised here right on the Mexican border, the thought of never again having a taco is tough to face.
    Paleo wrap quesodillas are blissful as well.
    I will have to try that too! If I eat to many of these I will go broke though. BTW, I really like the new photo in your avatar.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Get an organic corn tortilla if you absolutely have to wrap something. Don't support companies that market faileo foods, as it waters down the message.
    Word...
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast