Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Any one else try the new Paleo Wraps? page 5

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Bummer. Curry flavored wrap sounded good. Maybe I could add my own flavorings to the basic ones. Hmmmmmm.........

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Bummer. Curry flavored wrap sounded good. Maybe I could add my own flavorings to the basic ones. Hmmmmmm.........
    Ooo..that's a good idea. Although, I am sure they add it to the "batter". You could just make a curry of some sort and stuff it in the wrap.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

exotec is offline Junior Member
    The ones I've been using are called "Pure Wraps"; I ordered them online from Improveat.com in Atlanta, GA. I think Julian has got them tied up at the moment in that patent dispute, so whether you can still get them from Improveat, I don't know. I suspect not, since I would probably have reordered from them if I could have (which means I wouldn't have these from Julian). I hope you can get some anywhere!

Just FYI - There's only those 3 ingredients in the original flavor (coconut meat, coconut water, Himalayan salt); I don't know what other ingredients the curry flavor has. The nutrition label for these originals states:

Calories, 60
    Fat, 2.5 g
    saturated - 2.5 g
    cholesterol, 0
    sodium, 240 mg
    potassium, 120 mg
    carbs, 8 g
    fiber, <1 g
    sugars, <1 g
    protein, 0
    Vit-A, 0
    Vit-C, 8%
    Ca, 4%
    Fe, 4%
    thiamin, 25
    niacin, 25
    P, 4%
    Mg, 2%
    Mn, 2%
    Zn, 0

the wrapper says...
    gluten free - raw - alkaline - corn free - soy free - dairy free - egg free

There's only 4 wraps in a package, and they're about 6" x 6"
    I don't remember exactly what I paid for them, but I'm pretty sure it was in the vicinity of about a buck apiece. Per wrap, not per package!
    The problem with people these days is they've forgotten we're really just animals.

We did not create the web of life; we are but a strand in it.
    ~ Chief Seattle

We do not have souls. We ARE souls. We have bodies.
    ~ C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by exotec View Post
    The ones I've been using are called "Pure Wraps"; I ordered them online from Improveat.com in Atlanta, GA. I think Julian has got them tied up at the moment in that patent dispute, so whether you can still get them from Improveat, I don't know. I suspect not, since I would probably have reordered from them if I could have (which means I wouldn't have these from Julian). I hope you can get some anywhere!

There's only 4 wraps in a package, and they're about 6" x 6"
    I don't remember exactly what I paid for them, but I'm pretty sure it was in the vicinity of about a buck apiece. Per wrap, not per package!
    Exotec, as of 2 days ago, Pure Wraps aren't available anywhere. Do you like the Pure Wraps better? By a lot?

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member

Paleo Wraps

[QUOTE=mountainsara;1252161]
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I just ordered some. I wonder if they fry up crispy. We shall see. Taco party at my house.

They kinda sorta fry up crispy. They're just really thin so they brown FAST. I found that if I'm using them for a savory wrap, like breakfast burritos, then I can throw them in the pan with some butter for just a minute and add a little salt and that makes them more suitable for savory food, since coconut is naturally a little sweet. But they really are thin, I might prefer that they were actually just a little bit thicker. I suppose I could use two at a time, but that would be expensive!!
    Sara,

Where did you get these wraps from and how much were they? I would like to try them. I tried the Paleo bread and it was so nasty, I returned it to Whole Food the next day.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
    Where did you get these wraps from and how much were they? I would like to try them. I tried the Paleo bread and it was so nasty, I returned it to Whole Food the next day.
    These are the Julian Bakery ones : Paleo Wraps – Special Bulk Pack 49 Individual Wraps

ets: I just looked up the pure Wraps and they are still not available.
    https://www.facebook.com/coconutwraps

Hopefully the two companies can work it out and maybe bring the price down a bit.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-21-2013 at 02:14 PM.

I do love the Pure Wraps. Had one today for lunch, in fact. I can't give an honest comparison to any others as of yet, since I haven't tasted any. I have the wraps from Julian, and when I finish off this package of Pure Wraps, I'll be going to those. I'll come back and let you know what I think of them then.

I'm really sorry to hear we can't get the Pure Wraps anywhere now. I hope they iron it out so they become available again. I was so disgusted with Julian's (bread) product and service I wouldn't order from them again if I had a reasonable alternative.
    The problem with people these days is they've forgotten we're really just animals.

~ Chief Seattle

~ C. S. Lewis

Just a quick update... I checked the Pure Wraps website to see if there might be ANY other purveyors out there where I could get some "old stock" of their wraps. I left them a short comment that I was more or less disgusted with the service I'd received from Julian. I got an email response from them today (Improv'Eat - distributor of Pure Wraps) first of all wanting to know how they could avoid any similar dissatisfaction (meaning, what did Julian do...) and then they offered a bit of unexpected info on the patent dispute.

It seems the USDA is holding that patent! or, that's how it sounded to me.

Well. Here's what I got from them:

We appreciate your kind words and we have been frustrated as well. The USDA owning patents was news to us as well!
    May we ask what you did not like about ordering from Julian Bakery? Customer feedback and what they like and don't like always helps us to better serve.
    We will keep you informed with updates.
    If you have any questions, feel free to contact us because we are here to serve.

Graciously,
    The Servants of

(800) PURE-516
    Pure Wraps
    (Internal Code 1992)

Just thought it was an interesting note on the topic. I wonder if we could wrestle with the USDA to knock it off! awwww prob'ly not.
    <sigh>

~ Chief Seattle

~ C. S. Lewis

Wow exotec. That is so interesting. It makes me wonder why Julian bakery is able to market virtually the same product. I wonder if it has to do with USDA approval. Maybe Julian Bakery went through the USDA red tape and Pure Wraps is just now going through it so they are on hold? That doesn't make sense because you don't have to have USDA approval to sell a product. My fat provider doesn't have the USDA stamp by choice but I think they have to keep their production down to a certain amount. Picking up some leaf lard next week so I will ask what it's all about.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I haven't confirmed everything on this page, but enough if it is stuff I have seen elsewhere that I'm not sure I'll ever buy anything with the Julian Bakery name on it again: http://low-carb-scams.com/offending-...-scam-artists/
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast