Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any one else try the new Paleo Wraps? page 3

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Laugh all you want but you guys are not getting invited over to my house for tacos. It's just ground up spread out coconut FFS.
    Exactly. I am on my way. :0)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Laugh all you want but you guys are not getting invited over to my house for tacos. It's just ground up spread out coconut FFS.
    I prefer corn tortillas anyways
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Exactly. I am on my way. :0)
    I just ordered some. I wonder if they fry up crispy. We shall see. Taco party at my house.

Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    I prefer corn tortillas anyways
    Cool. You eat grain and yet call yourself paleo but then get bent if a perfectly paleo product uses the name "paleo" in it's advertising. Hmmm.

They should have just called them "coconut wraps". Might have avoided the knicker twisting.

Cool. You eat grain and yet call yourself paleo but then get bent if a perfectly paleo product uses the name "paleo" in it's advertising. Hmmm.
    Gasp! I eat corn, oh no. Robb Wolf has said on numerous occasions that he sometimes indulges in some corn tortillas. Guess you should get on him too?

What are you so bent out of shape about? I said I think it's a bit of an oxymoron. Time to relax a bit.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    Gasp! I eat corn, oh no. Robb Wolf has said on numerous occasions that he sometimes indulges in some corn tortillas. Guess you should get on him too?

What are you so bent out of shape about? I said I think it's a bit of an oxymoron. Time to relax a bit.
    Just joshin ya. I couldn't care less what Robb Wolf says or does, BTW.

You just called a paleo wrap oxymoronic. Well, I think a grain eating paleo person is oxymoronic. So there.

F.Fellini is offline Member
    EDIT: nevermind

mountainsara is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=Paleobird;1252130]I just ordered some. I wonder if they fry up crispy. We shall see. Taco party at my house.

They kinda sorta fry up crispy. They're just really thin so they brown FAST. I found that if I'm using them for a savory wrap, like breakfast burritos, then I can throw them in the pan with some butter for just a minute and add a little salt and that makes them more suitable for savory food, since coconut is naturally a little sweet. But they really are thin, I might prefer that they were actually just a little bit thicker. I suppose I could use two at a time, but that would be expensive!!

Well, I think a grain eating paleo person is oxymoronic. So there.
    I don't disagree. I consider myself a walking oxymoron anyways so I'm not offended

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If it's just coconut meat and coconut water how does it hold together? I know if I mixed coconut meat and coconut water together I wouldn't end up with a tortilla.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    If it's just coconut meat and coconut water how does it hold together? I know if I mixed coconut meat and coconut water together I wouldn't end up with a tortilla.
    Coconut actually has a fair bit of fiber in it. We'll see when they get here.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast