Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any one else try the new Paleo Wraps? page 2

L0kI is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So... it is or isn't paleo? My friend did seem to cure her Colitis with psyllium combined with chia seed concoction daily. At least she's convinced that that's what cured it... to be fair, she was also doing that HcG diet at the time... perhaps it just got better b/c she was eating so little... I dunno.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Get an organic corn tortilla if you absolutely have to wrap something. Don't support companies that market faileo foods, as it waters down the message.
    In my case it would be supporting local business. Julian is in the mountain suburbs of San Diego.

I don't eat grains. Full stop. I also don't eat psyllium. If I could find something that didn't have either, it might be nice to have the occasional taco.

I think a watered down message is better than no message at all.

mountainsara is offline Junior Member
    The only ingredients in them are coconut meat and coconut water. Again, I agree about the "bread", really terrible and hard on the tummy. These wraps seem to be a totally different thing.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainsara View Post
    The only ingredients in them are coconut meat and coconut water. Again, I agree about the "bread", really terrible and hard on the tummy. These wraps seem to be a totally different thing.
    Go for it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    But... but... Metamucil says it's healthy.
    Blerg is a fun word. heh
    And they make a lot of money off people selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by L0kI View Post
    So... it is or isn't paleo? My friend did seem to cure her Colitis with psyllium combined with chia seed concoction daily. At least she's convinced that that's what cured it... to be fair, she was also doing that HcG diet at the time... perhaps it just got better b/c she was eating so little... I dunno.
    Double blerg. Colitis just means inflammation of the intestinal lining. The HcG protocol is a very expensive placebo that keeps you from straying from a very drastic crash diet. It puts you into ketosis just by being so low in calories. Ketosis is known to be anti-imflammatory. If her problem was caused by a chronic case of the trots then I can also see how that concoction would help. Of course if I ate that I would be stopped up for about a week.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Try some of these Chocholate paleo donuts instead!

Chocolate paleo donuts
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainsara View Post
    Awesome, thanks. I may get some next time I am in Julian. (Great hiking area around there).

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to laugh every time someone mentions Paleo bread or wraps or supplements or whatever. Just seems like such an oxymoron to me.
    I dunno. I'm pretty partial to the new Paleo Snickers bar. I usually wash it down with a Paleo Coke and then go home to pray to my Paleo Healing Crystal.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away.

L0kI is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    And they make a lot of money off people selling it.

Double blerg. Colitis just means inflammation of the intestinal lining. The HcG protocol is a very expensive placebo that keeps you from straying from a very drastic crash diet. It puts you into ketosis just by being so low in calories. Ketosis is known to be anti-imflammatory. If her problem was caused by a chronic case of the trots then I can also see how that concoction would help. Of course if I ate that I would be stopped up for about a week.
    Thanks for this... I also think it's a bollocks protocol, but it worked for her (likely because of the reasons you state). I think the weight loss, coupled with the anti-inflammatory ketosis (again, WHO KNEW!?) may have all come together to fix the situation with her gut... whatever works I guess.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to laugh every time someone mentions Paleo bread or wraps or supplements or whatever. Just seems like such an oxymoron to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggles View Post
    I dunno. I'm pretty partial to the new Paleo Snickers bar. I usually wash it down with a Paleo Coke and then go home to pray to my Paleo Healing Crystal.
    Laugh all you want but you guys are not getting invited over to my house for tacos. It's just ground up spread out coconut FFS.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast