Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breakfast rut page

invino77 is offline Senior Member

breakfast rut

Shop Now
    Help! I am stuck in a rut with breakfast. I am primal but eat dairy...trying to reduce dairy but finding it hard. Every morning I have a bowl of plain, whole organic yogurt ( usually goats milk, but sometimes cow) with a chopped up half apple, hazelnuts and coconut flakes and cinnamon. I love it so much - but i know it is a high carb breakfast for the primal diet if I wnt to lose some weight. I am not excited by the idea of eating eggs or meat int he morning....any other good (quick) breakfast suggestions?

Cymro is offline Junior Member
    Skip it.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    um....yea.........

a big hunk of fish
    a big serving of scallops
    loads of steamed spinach and cheddar
    shrimp and avocado
    whey protein smoothie with almond butter and coconut oil
    a big mug of coffee with heavy whipping cream

youre going to have to think outside the breakfast box whilst living primally! why no meat or eggs in the morning?
    Last edited by lmyers04; 05-26-2010 at 11:51 PM.

dash is offline Member
    I had a lot of trouble breaking out of the "breakfast must include dairy and not be savory" rut! I ended up doing a pretty slow transition, so for a while I would have my yogurt with coconut and fruit with a savory "side" like a hardboiled egg. The trick was I had to eat the egg before the yogurt, since I found it easier to eat the savory stuff when hungrier. Then I just gradually reduced the dairy/fruit side of things while adding to the meat and eggs. Now I really look forward to having eggs, bacon, seafood, veggies, etc in the morning and just sometimes have a few berries sprinkled with coconut along side my "real" breakfast.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Try some avocados. They're not as heavy as eggs and meat in the morning.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I'm in weight loss mode, and eggs just don't have enough protein to satisfy me long term. For some time, my breakfast has been tuna or salmon 'salad'--a few ounces of the fish mixed with chopped celery and mayo (mixed with tumeric).

On weekends, I'll often make eggs with a bison burger (eggs on top of the burger).

Breakfast is usually my main meal, and I eat lightly the rest of the day.

tooround is offline Senior Member
    No matter what I try, I cannot get the hang of eating breakfast. I've been doing OK having heavy cream in my coffee and my vitamins which keeps me going until later in the morning when I have a hard boiled egg.

This morning, I don't have much to pack a lunch so my breakfast was coffee with cream, a few sips of coconut oil, omega-3 and cal-mag & D. My egg is in my purse

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I just had a salad for breakfast - greens, leftover cooked pork, and a dressing made from coconut milk and curry powder. I used to be the "I can only eat BREAKFAST FOOD at breakfast!" type but I got over it. =P

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    I see you also wanted something 'quick'. So i definetly think you should go buy some avocados, and a few lbs of fish. Cut the fish into 6 oz portions, and freeze them individually. The night before, take a portion out to thaw in the fridge. In the morning pop it under the broiler with some coconut oil for 5 ish minutes. in the meantime peel your avocado. thats basically fast food!

JamieBelle is offline Member
    My breakfast during the week:

4 oz coconut milk
    8 oz water
    1 scoop casein protein

drink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast