Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment page

EggGirl is offline Member

Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment

Primal Fuel
    After researching many eating styles and plans I stumbled across Mark's Daily Apple and I think I found exactly what I am looking for! Right now I am in the middle of an egg-periment! I thought some of you might be interested in it. I lost over 200 pounds on a traditional low calorie, lots of exercise diet and was struggling hardcore to keep it off. I also have serious issues with sugar. I can not control myself with it. I was gaining weight back and very unhappy. I decided to try something extreme to get myself off the carbs and on a healthier track. I am recording the results at Egg Diet Adventures. I thought maybe some of you might be interested. I hope to transition to Primal once I am finished and hope I can keep the weight off and get healthier and more fit.

whitty1 is offline Junior Member
    That's my idea of diet-hell!! (I am allergic to eggs )
    Fair play to you - I don't think I could eat the same thing day in, day out like that though. Don't you get bored of it? Or is that the point - you get so bored of eggs you don't want to eat?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    That's impressive, both the diet and the weight loss. A while back I did a steak and eggs diet. I'm sensitive to egg whites, so I only ate the yolks. A person can get really tired of eating egg yolks. They are less versatile than whole eggs.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    My dad used to do short term "eggs and Brioschi" "diets." Brioschi was an old time fizzy laxative. He could lose 10 pounds easily in three days, and more if he did it for a week. Fortunately for me, only my mother shared a bathroom with him.

People with serious, destructive food issues should do anything they can to overcome them. No one should judge until we have all the answers, which we surely don't even have a clue right now.

When I'm really hungry and there's no reason as to why, a couple of hard boiled eggs will calm the urge to eat. I don't know why, and I don't care why. I only know it works.

Good luck to you. I hope you get things under control soon and can enjoy all the tongue and liver and meat, etc. that the rest of us do.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a fat hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by whitty1 View Post
    That's my idea of diet-hell!! (I am allergic to eggs )
    Fair play to you - I don't think I could eat the same thing day in, day out like that though. Don't you get bored of it? Or is that the point - you get so bored of eggs you don't want to eat?
    Well luckily I am not allergic and I love eggs....but you are right....it is kinda the point to get "bored". I want to get back in control where I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am not. When you are eating the same thing all day you never have the urge to keep eating just because it tastes good. Also, I piked eggs because they make me full, are a real whole food, and they don't cause cravings. However, I don't think it is for most people but I HAD to get out of the carb addiction hell. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    That's impressive, both the diet and the weight loss. A while back I did a steak and eggs diet. I'm sensitive to egg whites, so I only ate the yolks. A person can get really tired of eating egg yolks. They are less versatile than whole eggs.
    I was shocked at the weight loss! I expected maybe 5 pounds the first week....it keeps coming off....we will see what tomorrow brings. Thanks for the encouragement!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    My dad used to do short term "eggs and Brioschi" "diets." Brioschi was an old time fizzy laxative. He could lose 10 pounds easily in three days, and more if he did it for a week. Fortunately for me, only my mother shared a bathroom with him.

People with serious, destructive food issues should do anything they can to overcome them. No one should judge until we have all the answers, which we surely don't even have a clue right now.

When I'm really hungry and there's no reason as to why, a couple of hard boiled eggs will calm the urge to eat. I don't know why, and I don't care why. I only know it works.

Good luck to you. I hope you get things under control soon and can enjoy all the tongue and liver and meat, etc. that the rest of us do.
    Thank you so much! It sounds like you have compassion and understanding about food addiction/issues. Thank you very much. I didn't truly do it to lose weight but more so to get back in control and break the cycle. I am happy I did. It's so much better than starving or continuing the cycle.

roggg is offline Junior Member
    Good luck with the experiment. I'll be interested in how it turns out. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't look like enough calories. One dozen eggs on a workout day seems light. But if your energy is good I suppose it's working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by roggg View Post
    Good luck with the experiment. I'll be interested in how it turns out. Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't look like enough calories. One dozen eggs on a workout day seems light. But if your energy is good I suppose it's working for you.
    I agree, however I really regulated how many eggs I ate based on my appetite. Whenever I am hungry, I eat and so far that has lead me to eat 12... It is low in calories but I feel great and I don't not want to force myself to eat more. Hmmmmm...

Update: I added avocado yesterday.... I can't believe I am still losing though.
    Egg Diet Adventures

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast