Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment page 8

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EggGirl View Post
    Thanks for your honesty. It is not impossible that after 10 days of eating nothing but eggs your body developed a need for something it wasn't getting from the eggs. It is not uncommon for people doing a very low carb diet to set aside a day to eat certain foods to keep them from madly craving and binging.

fatisyummy is offline Member
    I just wanted to add to the chorus of support saying you didn't let anyone down! You are at an 18 pound loss still, and I find that amazing. I usually last 3 days on a restrictive plan before I am face first in chocolate cake or an entire 2 bags of nuts, so I'm pretty awed that you made it through that party without touching anything.

You inspired me to try my own egg fast, but I only lasted my usual 3 days before caving in to some bp coffee and salmon. Which isn't the worst, so I'm still calling it a success.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Honey, you didn't let any of us down. What you're doing isn't for US (though we find it interesting) - it's for YOU. And now you've learned a little more about your mind's tricks, you've learned what will stall you for a few days (but is repairable), and you've learned that you can overcome it and get right back on the horse. Yay you!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

EggGirl is offline Member
    Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement! I know we don't know each other and I am anonymous but it still means a lot! Update: Egg Diet Adventures

Paleobird Guest
    Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement! I know we don't know each other and I am anonymous but it still means a lot! Update: Egg Diet Adventures
    And you are now back on track and even a half pound down from your slight fall off the wagon. That is awesome!

As soon as I use up some perishable things in my fridge, I plan on giving this egg plan a try. I am already keto adapted so it will be interesting to see the difference between my results and yours given that you come from eating a lot of carbs and sugar whereas those things have been out of my diet for a long time.

Thanks for sticking with this. We are interested to continue following your progress.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    And you are now back on track and even a half pound down from your slight fall off the wagon. That is awesome!

As soon as I use up some perishable things in my fridge, I plan on giving this egg plan a try. I am already keto adapted so it will be interesting to see the difference between my results and yours given that you come from eating a lot of carbs and sugar whereas those things have been out of my diet for a long time.

Thanks for sticking with this. We are interested to continue following your progress.
    I can't wait to see the difference in results.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

UPDATE:Egg Diet Adventures

I have been trying not to be a little discouraged that I missed up the other day. I have this feeling I would have already been in the 160's. Only 6 days left. Do you think I will make it to 169? I know it is just a number but I think it would be really encouraging.

beckie is offline Member
    Hello Egg Girl! I've been following your experiment with much interest and have decided to join you. I am so impressed at how well you have stuck to your eating plan. It has definitely paid off for you. Your weight loss is impressive!

Yesterday was a "transition" day (dinner was very low carb but not eggs) , and today will be my first full day. Starting tomorrow the rest of my family will be out of town for 10 days so the timing to try this couldn't be more perfect.

Some of my bad eating habits have started to creep back in and as a result my weight has been inching upwards. I'm hoping this will help me get my act together.

Goal weight: ~120.
    Stats:
    Day 0 (7/25): 142.4
    Day 1 (7/26): 139.9

Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by beckie View Post
    Hello Egg Girl! I've been following your experiment with much interest and have decided to join you. I am so impressed at how well you have stuck to your eating plan. It has definitely paid off for you. Your weight loss is impressive!

Yesterday was a "transition" day (dinner was very low carb but not eggs) , and today will be my first full day. Starting tomorrow the rest of my family will be out of town for 10 days so the timing to try this couldn't be more perfect.

Some of my bad eating habits have started to creep back in and as a result my weight has been inching upwards. I'm hoping this will help me get my act together.

Goal weight: ~120.
    Stats:
    Day 0 (7/25): 142.4
    Day 1 (7/26): 139.9

Wish me luck!
    That is great! I am so glad you will have to the time to take for yourself. I would love to learn from your experience as well! Wishing you the best of luck! Keep me updated!!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    UPDATE:Egg Diet Adventures

I have been trying not to be a little discouraged that I missed up the other day. I have this feeling I would have already been in the 160's. Only 6 days left. Do you think I will make it to 169? I know it is just a number but I think it would be really encouraging.
    Sometimes an extreme diet comes down to a struggle of will, mind over matter. A too-strict diet will eventually result in binging. Willpower is a short-term strategy for short-term weight loss. You're in this for the long haul. Learn from what you're doing and don't beat yourself up over results.

I tried to do a dozen egg yolks a day and fell off on day 3. I wasn't getting enough protein. I was starting to supplement with gelatin, but I don't know if it was too late or that wouldn't have done it anyway. I still like eggs.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast