Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment page 6

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fcby9 View Post
    White or brown? (I'm not sure what difference color makes, but brown eggs are just more appealing to me personally.)
    Colour makes absolutely no nutritional difference - it's merely reflective of the colouring of the hen herself.

Where I live, I have found it very difficult to locate white eggs any more (from what I understand, that kind of hen is less productive). It's a bummer - white eggs are what you really need to get good results when dyeing hard-boiled eggs for Easter.

Hello EggGirl! I'm watching your experiment with interest, and cheering you on. I love eggs - hope you still do too, after all this!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    Eggirl, have you considered a nutritional ketogenic plan? Plenty of fat and very low carb. At least you can have some variety with your eggs. I love eggs, but dayum! I admire your perserverance. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Paleo0731; 07-21-2013 at 04:15 AM.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    have kept at this, but slightly less hard-core than the op.

eggs and more eggs, with some avocado and butter, most of the week. thursday night i had sashimi and wee bit of sushi for dinner because i had an unquenchable craving for sea urchin, so had. to. have. it. with some salmon roe/quail egg and yellowtail. handful of almonds after, but it was only for want of something crunchy. i only ate about 1/2 an ounce and put the rest back in the bag because i was too full!

friday was 3 eggs in the morning and then dinner we had lobster and shrimp. lobster is super cheap again this summer, so we eat lots. both critters are excellent butter vehicles.

yesterday was 3 eggs + 3 strips bacon and dinner was 8 oz(weighed raw) burger with some kerrygold cheddar.

BUT!!! gah!! b/f had brought home some local fruit from the farmer's market, so i decided to splurge on less than 1/2 a peach with some local organic cream. a few hours later the sugar cravings were as bad as if i had eaten 79 pounds of skittles. jeebus.

even with the days off, i am down 5 pounds, but "feel smaller" -- less bloated -- so my clothes are fitting better. the appetite suppression and feeling of satiety are unbelievable.

will have eggs for all meals again today and most of the week, but will add in some liver pate too.

am taking a magnesium supp ( like always) so no change at all in my bathroom patterns.

thanks again, egg girl!

oh, am using all local, organic, pastured (for realz) eggs.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Evita is offline Senior Member
    Hey Egg girl! Great work so far, and thanks for your honest and open documentation!
    Just curious about what you drink during the day--and sorry in advance if you have already mentioned it as I must have missed it

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EggGirl View Post
    Update: I added avocado yesterday.... I can't believe I am still losing though.
    Egg Diet Adventures
    Holy PUFA overload.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    Holy PUFA overload.
    oh, for heaven's sake. the pufa's in eggs are perfectly safe.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

moon7 is offline Member
    I wonder how is you egg fast going. I am checking you blog, but no entries since last Friday. Hope you are well.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by moon7 View Post
    I wonder how is you egg fast going. I am checking you blog, but no entries since last Friday. Hope you are well.
    Yes. EggGirl?????? Where did you go?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    oh, for heaven's sake. the pufa's in eggs are perfectly safe.
    More Peatarian nonsense along with telling people not to eat salmon.

OMG! The PUFAs! The Humanity! Puhleeeeze.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    During my steak and eggs trial or should I say eggs and steak (ate a minimum of 8 eggs a day for 4 weeks), I gained significant muscle and strength and lost fat. Big believer in eggs, my only suggestion is to make sure you eat organic free range eggs from local farms. The difference is nutrient content is amazing.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast