Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment page 5

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Since I have gone to a mainly carnivorous plan (including lots of eggs) my digestive system has never been happier. I think I really used to overdo the portions of salad and veggies.
    Same here, although it wasn't really intentional--I've just become more and more lazy when it comes to vegetables--I really only eat about one serving of veggies a day, and it's not even green and leafy, just maybe 1/2 a cup of steamed carrots with butter. And that's during the week, sometimes I'll go the whole weekend without ever looking at a veggie =P

Anyway, my point is, I really thought I was going to start getting constipated if I kept it up too long, but it's been a month or two now and ... uh, no problems in that ... area =P
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

blondiegreen is online now Senior Member
    What kind of eggs are you eating? Farm fresh? Regular grocery store? Added omega eggs?
    Congrats on that weight loss! Keep going!
    I've very tempted to join you though eggs are not really a favorite food....
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

fcby9 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blondiegreen View Post
    What kind of eggs are you eating? Farm fresh? Regular grocery store? Added omega eggs?
    Congrats on that weight loss! Keep going!
    I've very tempted to join you though eggs are not really a favorite food....
    OP said in her introductory post on her blog that she eats "whole fresh organic free range eggs," but I don't know about whether they are omega-enhanced.

Thanks for documenting your adventures, OP

blondiegreen is online now Senior Member
    Oh sorry. I missed that!
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

fcby9 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blondiegreen View Post
    Oh sorry. I missed that!
    No worries, blondiegreen! I'm curious too. OP, do you buy omega-enhanced or extra-large eggs? White or brown? (I'm not sure what difference color makes, but brown eggs are just more appealing to me personally.)

EggGirl is offline Member
    Read by update here:Egg Diet Adventures

I am using local organic free range eggs but I am not sure if they are omega enhanced or not. They are free a local farm. The first week I bought them from the store and they were omega enhanced but then my friend told me about seaside farms and I wanted to buy local. They are so good!

Paleobird Guest
    If you're not eating the industrial seed oils The Term “Vegetable Oil” Is False Advertising (Updated) - GNOLLS.ORG
    and if you are eating mostly grass fed critters, I don't really think the O3 enhanced eggs are anything you really need. Also include some seafood in the mix and you are fine.

It's great that you have a local organic source of high quality eggs. It may be that some people who think they get a sensitivity to eggs if they eat them too much are really sensitive to the antibiotics and other chemicals pumped into factory egg laying birds.

Just checked your update. Holy Egg Yolks, Batman. 18 lbs in 11 days! Wow. Impressive.

Normally I don't like mono food crash fad diet type things but I think this is more like the OP hitting a system reset button. This may be a way for someone with substantial weight to lose and also a seriously carb/sugar geared metabolism to get things back on track.

Please keep up the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    If you're not eating the industrial seed oils The Term “Vegetable Oil” Is False Advertising (Updated) - GNOLLS.ORG
    and if you are eating mostly grass fed critters, I don't really think the O3 enhanced eggs are anything you really need. Also include some seafood in the mix and you are fine.

It's great that you have a local organic source of high quality eggs. It may be that some people who think they get a sensitivity to eggs if they eat them too much are really sensitive to the antibiotics and other chemicals pumped into factory egg laying birds.

Just checked your update. Holy Egg Yolks, Batman. 18 lbs in 11 days! Wow. Impressive.

Normally I don't like mono food crash fad diet type things but I think this is more like the OP hitting a system reset button. This may be a way for someone with substantial weight to lose and also a seriously carb/sugar geared metabolism to get things back on track.

Please keep up the updates.
    Good info and Suggestions! Thank you! I may need to add some fish or nuts. We will see. The weight loss has stopped so far....but I hope I can get a couple more out of all this.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I had a cousin who lost a significant amount of weight back in the 70's - I am guessing 50#, eating all eggs. I think she just did all hard boiled. She was a teenager also, maybe early 20's.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast