Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment page 4

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    for whatever reason i had missed that s&e experiment and saw the op's mention of egg fast and blog yesterday.

am having hormonal and stress issues, plus changed jobs and my weight has crept up. am mostly lc, and for the last 6 weeks, am not eating the way i have for 4 years. blergh. i feel like garbage.

started my own egg/fat fast today and i feel good! drank tea and water.

ate 12 hb eggs, 2 T of kerrygold and 2 oz. cheddar cheese. tomorrow i will up the butter and not have cheese, i think.

just "to see" i plugged this into cronometer: 1277 kcals, 86 gms of protein (plenty for me), 6 gms carbs and 102 gms of fat. not krazee low-cal, and great percents for keto.

will go the rest of the week like this and may break on the weekend, but may not. we shall see.

op, thanks for planting the seed.
    I'm glad she planted the seed too! And thanks for the breakdown on the f/p/c. I collect about a dozen and a half eggs a day from my chickens and now I can follow along with Egggirl's n=1 to see if I could give it a go. I'm thinking I would need the avocado and possibly the egg salad if I went more than 1 week.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EggGirl View Post
    Honestly, I have no idea why I picked 21 days! A month seemed to long but I knew I needed a good stretch of control before I could start expanding my diet. 21 days seemed like a good amount of time. Now that I am doing it I kind of wish I had picked 14 days but once I commit to something I really like to see it through. On day 22 I am going to switch to primal, however it will be my first time trying primal...so I hope to educate myself now so I can do it the wisest way possible. I know primal is something that I could live with for life. I like all the foods and they are natural. I will just have to go easy on the fruit.
    So glad you will be joining us.

EggGirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    So glad you will be joining us.
    Thank you for welcoming me in! So many of you have already been so helpful and reading through this forum has been so valuable!

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    18 lbs in 10 days! WOW! That is amazing.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    If you don't mind over-sharing a little, how's your bathroom habits/digestion? Have you had any issues with that before and has it changed at all eating this way?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    If you don't mind over-sharing a little, how's your bathroom habits/digestion? Have you had any issues with that before and has it changed at all eating this way?
    I'm an open book and don't mind sharing at all! Actually when I first talked about doing this the number one concern of my hubby was constipation and he believed I HAD to incorporate veggies too. I told him if I had an issues I would consider it. So far I haven't had any issues at all. My whole life I have been very regular. I go 1-2 times a day and on this plan I have been going once a day every morning. I have a feeling it is only once because I am eating less food than usual. I have not had any gas, bloating, constipation or diarrhea. (Sorry if that is TMI)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Haha, not TMI to me! Thanks. I'm kind of curious how a kind of mono-diet would affect my constipation.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EggGirl View Post
    I'm an open book and don't mind sharing at all! Actually when I first talked about doing this the number one concern of my hubby was constipation and he believed I HAD to incorporate veggies too. I told him if I had an issues I would consider it. So far I haven't had any issues at all. My whole life I have been very regular. I go 1-2 times a day and on this plan I have been going once a day every morning. I have a feeling it is only once because I am eating less food than usual. I have not had any gas, bloating, constipation or diarrhea. (Sorry if that is TMI)
    Since I have gone to a mainly carnivorous plan (including lots of eggs) my digestive system has never been happier. I think I really used to overdo the portions of salad and veggies.

You might find this post from Peter at the Hyperlipid site interesting about the proper use for vegetable matter.

Hyperlipid: Fruit and vegetables

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Haha, not TMI to me! Thanks. I'm kind of curious how a kind of mono-diet would affect my constipation.
    I don't think it would even need to be a mono diet. When I was doing the steak and eggs (and doesn't have to be steak, just meat in general) I found the same. Reintroducing veggies, especially leafy greens slowed everything down again. Whereas, for me, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc. Loosen it all up again ;-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast