Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment page 3

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I can see doing it as sort of a one week "reset" plan perhaps if you had let things wander too far from Primal basics.
    (Yay, the quoting is working on my phone app again)

Agreed, even for longer. It's not much different from the S&E diet experiment, after all. I just can't help wondering how long it'll be before the wheels fall off if the OP maintains the low calories.. Unless of course they are a) quite small, b) eating very large eggs, or c)I'm just missing something.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    for whatever reason i had missed that s&e experiment and saw the op's mention of egg fast and blog yesterday.

am having hormonal and stress issues, plus changed jobs and my weight has crept up. am mostly lc, and for the last 6 weeks, am not eating the way i have for 4 years. blergh. i feel like garbage.

started my own egg/fat fast today and i feel good! drank tea and water.

ate 12 hb eggs, 2 T of kerrygold and 2 oz. cheddar cheese. tomorrow i will up the butter and not have cheese, i think.

just "to see" i plugged this into cronometer: 1277 kcals, 86 gms of protein (plenty for me), 6 gms carbs and 102 gms of fat. not krazee low-cal, and great percents for keto.

will go the rest of the week like this and may break on the weekend, but may not. we shall see.

op, thanks for planting the seed.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

EggGirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    for whatever reason i had missed that s&e experiment and saw the op's mention of egg fast and blog yesterday.

am having hormonal and stress issues, plus changed jobs and my weight has crept up. am mostly lc, and for the last 6 weeks, am not eating the way i have for 4 years. blergh. i feel like garbage.

started my own egg/fat fast today and i feel good! drank tea and water.

ate 12 hb eggs, 2 T of kerrygold and 2 oz. cheddar cheese. tomorrow i will up the butter and not have cheese, i think.

just "to see" i plugged this into cronometer: 1277 kcals, 86 gms of protein (plenty for me), 6 gms carbs and 102 gms of fat. not krazee low-cal, and great percents for keto.

will go the rest of the week like this and may break on the weekend, but may not. we shall see.

op, thanks for planting the seed.
    What does Op mean? I just had to ask! Also, Thanks for joining me! I'll be interested to see how you feel and if it helps you!

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    (Yay, the quoting is working on my phone app again)

Agreed, even for longer. It's not much different from the S&E diet experiment, after all. I just can't help wondering how long it'll be before the wheels fall off if the OP maintains the low calories.. Unless of course they are a) quite small, b) eating very large eggs, or c)I'm just missing something.
    Yes Paleobird hit the nail on the head. To give you a much fuller history on me... I am 33 years old, 5'7'' and used to be over 350 pounds. I lost the weight through very strict calorie restriction and a lot of exercise. I got down to 150. Then I developed an eating disorder afraid to gain the weight back. I routinely starved myself but later would end up binging. My weight stayed at 150 for about a year but I was miserable. As I started to heal from the eating disorder I started to gain weight and the cycle of shame and food issues were a cycle of pain. I am trying to lose the weight I gained during this time but traditional methods still led me to binge. If I had known more about primal I probably would have tried it. However I was desperate for change so I started the egg experiment and want to follow through. It amazes me that I am losing weight because I am actually eating, not over exercising, I feel good and my cravings are gone. To me that is a miracle and I have NEVER lost weight this fast for so long. I keep waiting for it to stop no matter how my calories are..... so that is a little peek into my life.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EggGirl View Post
    What does Op mean? I just had to ask! Also, Thanks for joining me! I'll be interested to see how you feel and if it helps you!
    OP = original poster :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    OP = original poster :-)

Ahhhh, makes sense! Thank you!!

moon7 is offline Member
    You are doing great!

I have done egg fast few times with great success. I usually added meat after 3 days and still got great results. I am starting on egg fast today myself because I slipped from LC and have horrible cravings.
    Good luck!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EggGirl View Post

wow, your weight loss is amazing!

am only on day 2 and feel good so far!

curious why you picked 21 days?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    wow, your weight loss is amazing!

am only on day 2 and feel good so far!

curious why you picked 21 days?
    Honestly, I have no idea why I picked 21 days! A month seemed to long but I knew I needed a good stretch of control before I could start expanding my diet. 21 days seemed like a good amount of time. Now that I am doing it I kind of wish I had picked 14 days but once I commit to something I really like to see it through. On day 22 I am going to switch to primal, however it will be my first time trying primal...so I hope to educate myself now so I can do it the wisest way possible. I know primal is something that I could live with for life. I like all the foods and they are natural. I will just have to go easy on the fruit.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast