Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment page 2

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    isn't it amazing when you find a way of eating that enables the weight to drop right off and doesn't kill you to do it
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Paleobird Guest
    Yep, if you are going to pick a mono food diet, you could definitely do worse than eggs (cabbage soup and the spudfest come to mind). At least the eggs are giving you a very complete source of protein and fat.

I am interested to see your progress. Keep posting, please.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    You're eating between 800 and 1400 calories (depending on egg size). Not that surprising that your losing weight.

Have you tried following the primal blueprint as it's written to see what results you get? Rather than essentially crash dieting (albeit getting all that eggy goodness, so I guess there are worse ways if your going to do it) until you're "finished" and then switching to primal.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    You're eating between 800 and 1400 calories (depending on egg size). Not that surprising that your losing weight.

Have you tried following the primal blueprint as it's written to see what results you get? Rather than essentially crash dieting (albeit getting all that eggy goodness, so I guess there are worse ways if your going to do it) until you're "finished" and then switching to primal.
    From reading her post I get the idea that she is doing this as a kind of "induction" and to break old patterns of sweets/carb cravings.
    I can see the benefit in that.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    From reading her post I get the idea that she is doing this as a kind of "induction" and to break old patterns of sweets/carb cravings.
    I can see the benefit in that.
    Also, it sounds like an easy way to not stress on what to eat.

I love eggs and could totally do that if I could throw in a few bananas. Good luck to you, OP!

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EggGirl View Post
    Update: I added avocado yesterday.... I can't believe I am still losing though.
    Egg Diet Adventures
    You should grab some olive oil and try making some homemade mayonnaise for some egg salad/deviled eggs. Check the recipe forum or even do a simple google search, there are an endless number of recipes out there.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post

I think she has a great plan. Imagine how AMAZING primal food is going to taste after having only eggs for an extended period of time. It should make staying primal much easier.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Tried quoting Paleobird's post, but for some reason when I hit the quote button it was actually showing a completely random post about almond bars by another poster! Bizarre.

Re: using a mono-food diet as a way to break bad habits etc. That's a fair point, we all need to find our own way whether it's like this, going cild turkey 100% strict paleo, paleo Mon-Fri and treat yourself on weekends, etc.

I guess the main point of my comment was around the OP's caloric intake from eating only 12 or so eggs per day.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yep, if you are going to pick a mono food diet, you could definitely do worse than eggs (cabbage soup and the spudfest come to mind).
    The Cabbage Soup Diet ... *eye twitches*

In all seriousness, I find this whole "Egg Diet" approach interesting. Not something I can see myself doing, but it's an interesting experiment.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Paleobird Guest
    I can see doing it as sort of a one week "reset" plan perhaps if you had let things wander too far from Primal basics.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast