Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie & my Egg Diet Experiment page 10

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jaw. On. Floor.
    20 pounds in 20 days!!

*trundles off to find herself a few dozen eggs*
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    Now the question is: will the weight loss be sustainable or will it creep back on once you start eating regular, non junk food?

Keep us updated!
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

EggGirl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Jaw. On. Floor.
    20 pounds in 20 days!!

*trundles off to find herself a few dozen eggs*
    I am shocked too! Especially with the sugar day! Thank you for following and encouraging!

Quote Originally Posted by blondiegreen View Post
    Now the question is: will the weight loss be sustainable or will it creep back on once you start eating regular, non junk food?

Keep us updated!
    Yes!!! You are so right. This is the real question. As I started this experiment I knew a bounce back was a possibility and actually quit probable. However if it is just a water bounce back and I can continue losing in a healthy primal way I still think it all would have been worth it. Also I was wear my size 12 dresses in the beginning and now I am back in my 8's. I went down a pants size too. I am going to continue updating for at least a month after the experiment is over so you all can see the after story and the longer term results.

Paleobird Guest
    I just worked the macros through of 12 eggs plus cooking fat per day. It is just about 1000 calories (depending on how free a hand you take with the butter). It's just a tectch over 70% fat and a tetch under 30% protein. That is damn near perfect from the ketosis pov.

Of all the mono-food hacks around here, this one seems like it would be the easiest to follow. Nothing to weigh and measure. Plus it covers the nutritional bases better.

I can see the steakaneggz thing working well for the heavy lifting dude-bros that are looking to put on mass but the protein levels in this are just fine for normal people. Potatoes (no matter how much Otzi tries to tell you about their "complete" protein) just don't have enough protein to prevent muscle catabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I just worked the macros through of 12 eggs plus cooking fat per day. It is just about 1000 calories (depending on how free a hand you take with the butter). It's just a tectch over 70% fat and a tetch under 30% protein. That is damn near perfect from the ketosis pov.

Of all the mono-food hacks around here, this one seems like it would be the easiest to follow. Nothing to weigh and measure. Plus it covers the nutritional bases better.

I can see the steakaneggz thing working well for the heavy lifting dude-bros that are looking to put on mass but the protein levels in this are just fine for normal people. Potatoes (no matter how much Otzi tries to tell you about their "complete" protein) just don't have enough protein to prevent muscle catabolism.
    I didn't even think about losing muscle....I certainly hope I am not, I have been lifting weights and eating when I am hungry....so info though. I only eat steak about once a month...so I could never do that and potatoes would be way to many carbs for me....I don't think I would stick with it.

I don't use butter, I have been using about a teaspoon of coconut oil when I scramble the eggs and nothing when I eat them hard boiled.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EggGirl View Post
    I didn't even think about losing muscle....I certainly hope I am not, I have been lifting weights and eating when I am hungry....so info though. I only eat steak about once a month...so I could never do that and potatoes would be way to many carbs for me....I don't think I would stick with it.

I don't use butter, I have been using about a teaspoon of coconut oil when I scramble the eggs and nothing when I eat them hard boiled.
    I don't think the lifting you are doing is a problem at all. I'm talking about the really heavy duty power lifting stuff.

ulnauy is offline Member
    On an egg n' meat diet myself. This thread has been highly encouraging. Nice blog design by the way, minimalistic to go along with the theme of a simple diet.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Speaking of 'complete protein', I was just thinking today about when I read 'Diet for a Small Planet' way back in the day. As I remember, she compared vegetarian combinations to the 'complete' protein of eggs, to see if they were nutritionally sound.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Great job, EggGirl. I might try a day or two worth of this and see how it goes from there. I could use a little kickstart.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast