View Poll Results: How much Grass fed vs CAFO do you eat?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • All CAFO - it's what I can afford.

14 20.29%
  • All CAFO - grassfed is a scam.

1 1.45%
  • No CAFO - I'd rather do without than eat CAFO.

3 4.35%
  • 80+% Grassfed/Wild

29 42.03%
  • 60+% Grassfed/Wild

16 23.19%
  • 40+% Grassfed/Wild

3 4.35%
  • 20+% Grassfed/Wild

3 4.35%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassfed vs CAFO poll page

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

Grassfed vs CAFO poll

Shop Now
    I'm just wondering where the community stands in general. I've made this a private poll, so no one will know who answered what. Please take restaurant food into consideration, also.

Thanks!
    Last edited by JoanieL; 07-15-2013 at 06:27 AM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I would say we are actually more around 98%, since we will rarely eat CAFO meat when dining out.

I'm pretty much in the 90s also. My big fail is eggs. I often run out and don't want to go to the farmers market just for eggs. Nor do I want to buy five dozen at a time and lug them home on the trolley car.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I wonder when ChocoTaco comes in and skews some of the ratios.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I would say we are actually more around 98%, since we will rarely eat CAFO meat when dining out.
    This is pretty close to where I'm at. On the odd occasion that I eat out, I'll eat CAFO. At home for me, (DH is not primal) its 100% grassfed/wild.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    If I am buying it, I buy grassfed almost always. Yesterday I was at Whole Foods and the grassfed looked awful so I got the local free-fed product. If I'm at a restaurant I eat whatever they give me.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I buy grass finished when I can afford it. When I can't, I buy grass fed. Sometimes I have to buy conventional.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    CAFO for now, but I plan to work my way up to grass-fed when I can afford it and feel more like taking the initiative to find a place to buy it from (too much else to deal with right now, but lack of funds is the main reason).

I do buy cage-free eggs--still grain-fed and probably not any more healthy for me, but at least it's somewhat better for the chickens they come from. Hopefully.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I buy grass finished when I can afford it. When I can't, I buy grass fed. Sometimes I have to buy conventional.
    From this guest post in the blog: What You Should Know About Beef Production Claims | Mark's Daily Apple (about a third way down the page)

The USDA standard for grass fed beef requires that grass and forage be the food source for grass fed cows for the entirety of the animal’s life. The standard does allow, of course, for grass fed calves to drink their mother’s milk but they cannot be fed grain and must have “continuous access to pasture during the growing season.” Stockpiled forage such as hay is acceptable and used widely in grass fed beef production, typically just in the winter. Notice that because the term “grass fed” can only be used when the animal is fed forage for the entirety of the animal’s life, the term “grass finished” doesn’t actually add any meaning when used in conjunction with “grass fed.” Here at Tendergrass Farms we originally didn’t use the term “grass finished” but we started getting so many phone calls from customers asking if our beef was grass fed and grass finished that we decided to use that language on our website to help clarify the issue. Many other grass fed beef farms and organizations use the same language to describe their 100% grass fed beef.
    Just an FYI. I thought there was a difference also.

B*tch-lite

mike is offline Senior Member
    CAFO - Its what I can find around here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast