View Poll Results: How much Grass fed vs CAFO do you eat?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • All CAFO - it's what I can afford.

14 20.29%
  • All CAFO - grassfed is a scam.

1 1.45%
  • No CAFO - I'd rather do without than eat CAFO.

3 4.35%
  • 80+% Grassfed/Wild

29 42.03%
  • 60+% Grassfed/Wild

16 23.19%
  • 40+% Grassfed/Wild

3 4.35%
  • 20+% Grassfed/Wild

3 4.35%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grassfed vs CAFO poll page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Being out and about would be the only non grass fed time but I am even finding a lot of restaurants around here offering it now. I have half a dozen within walking distance of my house.

So, if a friend's cooking, I don't make a fuss or on vacation you take what you can get.

Overall, somewhere in the 90s.

LittleHobbit is offline Junior Member
    Am on a tight budget, but I try to get wild fish and game where I can. at 30 Euros a Kilo for grassfed often is too much for me, but sometimes I get me that tasty bite (and it DOES taste different, alone the texture is different..)

ansered 20%+ for grass fed. once I get a raise I will definitely invest that in better food :-)

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    80% of the meat I eat nowadays is ruminant meat. Their digestive systems are exalted for their ability to purify their foods - the obscene cost increase from CAFO beef to grassfed beef is totally not worth it at supermarket prices because it's only marginally better. There are some exceptions - when Shop Rite has the grassfed whole beef tenderloin for $6.99/lb I'm game and pick that up. But generally, I subsist on lean cuts of CAFO beef. Now if I had room for a chest freezer in my apartment, I'd gladly buy half a cow. I'd pull out my credit card right now. Unfortunately, I cannot get a chest freezer due to a complete and total lack of space. If you have room for a chest freezer, you should be buying bulk grassfed if you can find an average $4-5/lb

Lamb I only buy Australian or New Zealand - no US lamb. The price is about the same, often less, and it is much better quality. Typically it's "free range" with "no added hormones," etc. I would gladly eat a lot more lamb if it weren't so fatty compared to beef.

Chicken and pork are probably much more important to buy organic. I simply don't buy much chicken or pork, and the rare chicken I buy is almost always chicken breast, which from what I've seen isn't too bad since almost all the toxins reside in the fat.

Fish I will only buy wild. Never farmed. Never. Shrimp, I don't care. Farmed is the same as wild.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 07-15-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I like to buy local grass-fed lamb. It's really delicious, but it's terribly expensive so it is a rare treat. Otherwise, except for New Zealand lamb (which I assume is grass-fed but don't check) I go pretty much CAFO on everything ruminant.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Choco, why never farmed fish?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    high levels of pesticides, artificial colorings given to some, anti-biotics, etc;
    Last edited by Derpamix; 07-15-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    high levels of pesticides, artificial colorings given to some, anti-biotics, etc;
    This plus they are often fed soy pellets and are often kept in very close quarters, too many fish per cubic meter all swimming in each other's poop.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This plus they are often fed soy pellets and are often kept in very close quarters, too many fish per cubic meter all swimming in each other's poop.
    Yup. Tilapia are usually raised in water that's riddled with farmed salmon soy/corn poop. Never ever eat tilapia.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yup. Tilapia are usually raised in water that's riddled with farmed salmon soy/corn poop. Never ever eat tilapia.
    Even though I haven't eaten tilapia in a couple of years since it became the darling of the lowfat set, and then stupidly pricey for a bottom feeding white fish, all of that almost made me throw up a little in my mouth.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Even though I haven't eaten tilapia in a couple of years since it became the darling of the lowfat set, and then stupidly pricey for a bottom feeding white fish, all of that almost made me throw up a little in my mouth.
    -hands Joanie an airline barf-bag-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast