Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal in america page 2

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Google Farmers markets in Chicago. You may find one close to you and can stock pile for the week.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    @ Paleobird 2 hours from Santa Monica... I'm jealous. That place looks awesome. I just got back from walmart and spent a little too much money but it was on some really awesome. Traderspoint creamery or something, it must be the absolute best pasteurized milk I've ever had. It had a looot of fat, tasted like raw milk and I think it was from jersey cows or some other cool race like that.
    Billie trips balls

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    @ Paleobird 2 hours from Santa Monica... I'm jealous. That place looks awesome. I just got back from walmart and spent a little too much money but it was on some really awesome. Traderspoint creamery or something, it must be the absolute best pasteurized milk I've ever had. It had a looot of fat, tasted like raw milk and I think it was from jersey cows or some other cool race like that.
    This is the list of all the Sprouts stores.

Store Locations - Sprouts Farmers Market

Not sure what the regulations are in other states but, in California, raw dairy is perfectly legal and these store carry it. The brand to look for is Organic Pastures.

I will definitely be trying that in california. In chicago it's ilegal unless you buy a share of cow or something.
    Billie trips balls

I have to say that it is difficult to get good food here, however once you find it, it is really good. I also like the fact that meat is often labeled grassfed, in the Netherlands you just buy the best meat you think there is and hope it is grassfed. I also got grassfed bone marrow in a restaurant this evening, which is something I've never had before.
    Billie trips balls

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveBug View Post
    Google Farmers markets in Chicago. You may find one close to you and can stock pile for the week.
    There's a farmers market every Thursday in Daley Plaza which is very accessible via public transit since it is right in the loop:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=daley...plaza&t=m&z=16

I'm not sure if you're able to cook or not, but if you are and you want quality meats then you should check out The Butcher & Larder. That's where my husband and I bought meat when we lived in the city.

The Butcher & Larder | Chicago, IL
    Last edited by nikitakolata; 07-17-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Anybody living in Palm springs?
    Billie trips balls

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    You think americans are friendlier? LOL what?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Blonde white kid with an accent is probably just a novelty attraction. A significant amount of my attempts to talk to strangers ends with me saying, "Uhh....hello? Do I frighten you or something? HELLO?" with no response.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

PrimalCon New York
    Well, at least in in texas and oklahoma. Then I went to vegas where everybody acts like they're rich and better than everyone and is fille with typical mtv girls (bitches). But generally people are more down to talk. You haven't seen holland
    Billie trips balls

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast