Thread: Love being Primal an it's only been a week! page 3

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BZM View Post
    Oy, that's achingly beautiful.
    Exactly what I think, every time.

It would never occur to me to run up it, but others do

hazelsmithies is offline Junior Member
    Hey! I love running so much and have been running for a few years now! But I was ALWAYS overweight and never understood why because as far as I was concerned I ate well (no junk food) and exercised heaps! When I realized it was the carbs AND exercise that were eliminating any signs of weight loss (goes against everything I was ever taught in school) I changed to primal! I stopped exercising all together for about three weeks at the beginning and now I'm back into it and feeling better than ever. I felt really crap for the first couple of weeks when I was exercising again. I have to run quite soon after eating otherwise I wont have enough energy to sustain me. How are you finding the running while primal? What distances are you doing?

Soulrunner is offline Member
    Hey Hazel, I did find that on occasion I found it a little hard to do my distances in training. I have just done a 21k trail event that has lots of hills and I actually did a PB. But I also on the days leading up to the race ate a lot of kumara and the night before I had brown rice and on the morning of the race I had porridge. I ate bananas on the run. After the race I just went back to my normal primal eating. It felt like I had done just the right thing for the race and it was the first time I had done a race on a primal diet.
    Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

Soulrunner is offline Member
    I've just had the most awesome morning walking in the bush. Such a lovely day today. I wore shorts so as to get a bit of sun on my legs, they are so pasty, but now I can see all the scratches coming out and they are starting to itch. I also ran into some cutty grass and have a cut on my thigh that was bleeding. Ah, nothing a modern day Grokette can't handle lol
    Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

nov26_2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazelsmithies View Post
    Hey! I love running so much and have been running for a few years now! But I was ALWAYS overweight and never understood why because as far as I was concerned I ate well (no junk food) and exercised heaps! When I realized it was the carbs AND exercise that were eliminating any signs of weight loss (goes against everything I was ever taught in school) I changed to primal! I stopped exercising all together for about three weeks at the beginning and now I'm back into it and feeling better than ever. I felt really crap for the first couple of weeks when I was exercising again. I have to run quite soon after eating otherwise I wont have enough energy to sustain me. How are you finding the running while primal? What distances are you doing?
    Well, that makes me feel better. I have transitioned from vegetarian to PB about 2 weeks ago and the running has just been awful. I was starting to think it was just me. I am a long time runner but have struggle with pace and endurance since starting PB. I stopped hoping it would improve and from your post I guess it will just take a little more time. I was looking forward to running a 1/2 marathon with a goal time of 1:30 but have been derailed by a herniated disc. So between the disc and the diet I guess this is a good time to switch up the exercise too. All the best and good luck with the upcoming events.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123